Moms and Maids

So many sisters! (Bridesmaid question)

I have kind of a unique family situation. Both my parents were married and had children and divorced before marrying each other and having my sister and I. So I have a half-brother and half-sister on my mom's side and a half-brother and two half-sisters on my dad's side. (I hesitate to call them "half" siblings because I am close with all of them even though they range from 9 to 20 years older than me!) I have already decided to have my "full" sister as my MOH because we are the closest in age and have always been best friends. As for my older half-sisters, I would like to include them somehow in my wedding, but I don't know exactly how to go about doing this. Not to sound harsh, but there's no way my oldest, unmarried sisters would want to parade down the aisle in a bridesmaid dresses at 42-43 years old.

My fiance has two sisters as well who we would like to include in our wedding. Would it be weird to have his younger sister as one of my bridesmaids and his older sister (who will be married by that time) do something else? Like a reading in the ceremony?

Can I have all my older sisters and his older sister as my personal attendants? Or is it simply ridiculous to have 4 personal attendants?

I just want a way to include everyone and make them feel honored, as they have all been extremely supportive and helpful throughout the wedding planning process.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

~Baffled bride
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So many sisters! (Bridesmaid question)

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See the replies to your question on the wedding party board.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards