Moms and Maids

non-traditional wedding

I am getting married in May and my fiance has decided to ask his 2 sisters to be 2 of his groomsmen/women.  I need to know what they should wear/do...should they match the groomsmen and therefore wear a khaki colored dress or match the bridesmaids?  should they usher people in or hand out programs maybe?  I don't know what to do help!!

Re: non-traditional wedding

• edited December 2011
    They can do/wear whatever you want them to do!  If he asked them to be groomsmen, then they should probably do whatever the other groomsmen are doing.  As far as what they wear, that's up to you, though it would probably be nice to allow them input, especially if you don't care.  We aren't, but my sister's husband had his sister as a groomsman.  She wore the same thing the other men wore, and that worked out just fine.  If they would feel more comfortable in dresses, they could match the bridesmaids.  Just remember that his groomsmen should be whoever he is close with, and the rest of it won't matter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

They can wear whatever you want them to wear. 

They can match the bridesmaids or they can compliment the bridesmaids by wearing another wedding color. 

If the groomsmen were wearing black tuxedoes, I'd say let them wear black dresses.  But, since the guys wearing khaki suits, I wouldn't have the girls wear khaki dresses.  I've just never seen one that doesn't look super casual.  However, if the bridesmaids dress come in a shade of tan or beige that would match the guys' suits, that would be an option.

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're comfortable with the idea, ask them if they'd want to wear the BM dress or the BM in dress in black. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards