Moms and Maids

How to ask Bridesmaids!

Hello Community!

I just got engaged on Saturday and I'm not sure how to ask my bridesmaids. I want to do something really cute and creative but they all live in different states/cities. There a few that live close so I could ask them in person. 

Any creative ideas?

Re: How to ask Bridesmaids!

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait until you're 6-9 months out from the wedding date, then just ask them.  It doesn't need to be a big production, and there's no need to jump the gun on this.  Just enjoy being engaged for a little while.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • barbie92barbie92 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    As the pp said do not ask too soon...it only leads to problems!
    Don't try to do anything cutesy just ask! They will be thrilled even if it is just a phone call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs. DOnt ask before  6-9 months mark. Set down and read a whole bunch of the post on this website . It cause so much drama/ issues when people jump the gun.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed don't ask too soon! But "how I asked" is in my DIY blog
  • lizhudson88lizhudson88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are going to be engaged about 9 months when we get married and I asked within a week or two of our engagement. I bought cute compact mirrors and typed and pasted "Can you see yourself as a bridesmaid?! I can!" on the inside. Cheesy, yes. But they loved it.

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't asked my bridesmaids yet but I know how I want to do it.  I am going to make picture frames for each one of them.  In each frame will be a picture of us when we first became friends and then a recent picture of us.  In the middle it will say, " will you be my BM or MOH?".  I  plan on giving it to them in person or shipping it to my friend who lives out of state.  I just thought it would make it a little more special.
    May 2012 Siggy ~ Favorite E-pic image
  • lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my MOH we met for lunch and talked for a couple of hours. At the end, I said "you know I wanted to have lunch so we could see one another but also for another reason. I was wondering if you would like to be my MOH?" That was all that had to be said! She went crazy and was very excited. It doesn't have to be anything huge, just make it special.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards