Moms and Maids

Questions for Bridesmamids......

I have in mind the color of the BM dresses I would like, but I would also like to consider my BM's feelings and opinions (i.e. what neckline they prefer).  But aside from neckline and a range of prices they feel comfortable with, I'm not sure what else to ask them before I start seriously looking at styles.  Any ideas?

Re: Questions for Bridesmamids......

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Choose a designer, color and fabric, and then let them choose their own dress.  Check out sites like Alfred Angelo.  You can see the variety of styles in the same color/fabric.  That way each of your BMs can wear a style that they'll feel comfortable in, but they'll all be in the same color palette.

There are lots of examples of WP in dresses that are the same color but individual styles.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto trix. I am not sure how long designer dresses take to come in, but if they order within the next few months or so I think you will be fine. But just ask how long they will take when you are looking at the different designers.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent them all an email asking about budgets and if they had any particular concerns. I chose to have them each wear the same dress because I honestly felt like some of my BMs would take the opportunity to express their individuality a little too far! I told them all to get gold or silvery gold shoes for the day of the wedding and this is what one of them sent me... Super cute but uhh, not for my wedding!

• angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked the color and I took two of them with me to pick out the dresses. I have been in three weddings and each of those three brides plus one more is a BM in my wedding.  Each time they picked the dress, although my one friend had us rate three BMs dresses and then she picked the one (bBased on our feedback and what she liked.)  OF course I finalized wedding color knowing my MOH would not look good in the other color b.c. of her hair color. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You could ask what length they would prefer
  • edited December 2011
    I like that idea- I tried to do it with Jim Hjelm but all my BM's ended up wanting the same style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards