Moms and Maids

bridemaid dress short MOG&MOB dress long

My son and future daughter in law are planning a July late afternoon/evening semit formal garden wedding.  The Bridemaids are in short street length crepe dresses. The Dads and goomsmen in black tux.The MOB & MOG wearing  long dress.  Is MOG & MOB  appropriate or will it look over dressed?

Re: bridemaid dress short MOG&MOB dress long

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you and the MOB decide to wear will be fine .  There are short dresses that can look more formal and long dresses that aren't black tie.  If you haven't purchased your dress yet then just shop with the formality of the wedding in mind.

My BM were in short dresses as well as my MIL and my mom was in a long dress.  No one looked under or over dressed. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter had a semiformal daytime wedding in Miami 3 months ago. Her BM wore short dresses. I wanted a long dress, so that is what I got. I did chose chiffon over satin since the reception was outdoors. Satin would have looked too formal and I would have been too hot. It was almost 80 degrees. I didn't feel overdressed at all. Get what dress you love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards