Moms and Maids

BM gifts that are NOT crap!!!!

Hello Ladies,

I'm looking for a gift for my bridemaids that they will NOT want to tear off their bodies once our wedding night is over.  Any good ideas, I have been to Tiffany, Pandora and a few other jewelry shops but I haven't found anything meaningful or special or soOo cute.  - I guess I would like to do bracelets and earrings.  HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!   Undecided 

Re: BM gifts that are NOT crap!!!!

• Shop for each girl like you are shopping for her birthday.  That is much more personal that the same gift for all of them.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I agree that it can be very frustrating to find something special in a sea of glitter and rhinestones. 

I bought my bridesmiads some reef flip flops, a coach wristlet, their earrings and necklace for their dresses, a gift certificate for a pedicure, and I bought hoodies from forever21 that i screen printed a small heart in the lower back/hip area with their name on it.  I figure they will be cute in pitures, and they don't have anything huge and obnoxious that makes them want to toss them out after the wedding.
  • Check out etsy.  All of the items on there are handmade.  I purchased each of my girls a pendant that fit their individual style.  I also got them some other little goodies to use.
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    I'm getting jewelry for some, and Vera Bradley for at least one, possibly more.  But different pieces for each, to reflect their different styles/personalities.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bm-gifts-that-are-not-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:962efe54-4742-45a2-beb4-56fcb1ddc69bPost:1ef7fb0c-9984-4508-ad5d-0cd80d3aec4e">Re: BM gifts that are NOT crap!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shop for each girl like you are shopping for her birthday.  That is much more personal that the same gift for all of them.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

This.  Think outside of the box.  Think about their hobbies and likes and dislikes. 

When my sister got married she gave her BMs the following...
    A gorgeous crystal vase - the BM loved flowers
    A bottle of wine and wine glasses - the BM loved wine
    A pearl necklace - this was for me because i had always wanted one

I forget the others but they all reflected their likes and personalities.

• rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I agree with PPs to think of what each person will like individually.  I love to paint and so I have been thinking about painting each of my girls something, but I know this could be a little stressful for me so I am getting them each something else too.  I have thought of getting one of my girls a book written in German from the 1800s.  I will probably get another a cute, vintage journal.  These are all gifts that I know they will love.  If anything, the hardest thing with the book (even though it isn't a real "girlie" gift) is to make sure it is old enough.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know your heart is in the right place, OP, but I wouldn't want jewlery from Tiffany's or Pandora.  I'm really particular and simple about jewlery. 

It's time to think about your girls individually and not as this group called "bridesmaids."

Does one love Pandora bracelets?  Go for it.  Does another really like a particular restaurant?  Gift card.  Does another really like to read?  Buy her a great book.

They can match in price but be all different things that fit each girl's personality.
  • One wedding I am in she is giving us Longchamp bags and monograming our initials on them. I like that idea b/c not only are the bags nice, everyone gets the same bag, yet it becomes more personal when your initials are on it. I like the idea of giving all the girls the same gift just b/c that way you don't offend someone if they may have gotten something nicer than another girl or something that an another girl would have wanted but didn't get.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bm-gifts-that-are-not-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:962efe54-4742-45a2-beb4-56fcb1ddc69bPost:f7849e3e-038e-4a02-b5bd-bfc25e2c336b">Re: BM gifts that are NOT crap!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]One wedding I am in she is giving us Longchamp bags and monograming our initials on them. I like that idea b/c not only are the bags nice, everyone gets the same bag, yet it becomes more personal when your initials are on it. I like the idea of giving all the girls the same gift just b/c that way you don't offend someone if they may have gotten something nicer than another girl or something that an another girl would have wanted but didn't get.
    Posted by OwningAHome1981[/QUOTE]

You may like it but most people hate have their names or initials monogrammed on things.  Personally, I stopped liking this when I was in the sixth grade.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • DpisaniDpisani member
    First Comment
    A lot of people criticize getting jewelry or items that are intended to be worn on the day of the wedding, but it all really depends on the women! I know the likes and dislikes of the ladies in my wedding party, so I have no problems or doubts about picking out jewelry for them to wear on the day of my wedding. If your girls are a bit funky and non-traditional, you can have fun with it! I got my girls antique beaded bracelets and everyone loves them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards