Moms and Maids

Things to put in a BM gift bag?

Hey Knotties!

I bought each of my girls a 31 tote with their name on it, but I am having difficulty figuring out what to put in them! Any suggestions? Was kind of thinking a compact, some last minute necessities, etc.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Things to put in a BM gift bag?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this their gift you're buying them as a thank you for being in your wedding?  If so then purchase something they will individually like.  Personalize the gift for each girl and don't make it all about your wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_things-put-bm-gift-bag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:a0e8ba4b-8ef4-4fe7-8e5e-a7e51a382b33Post:118c698c-25e7-468c-a355-c782bed627f8">Re: Things to put in a BM gift bag?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this their gift you're buying them as a thank you for being in your wedding?  If so then purchase something they will individually like. <strong> Personalize the gift for each girl and don't make it all about your wedding.
    </strong>Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

Don't put last minute necessities in it for your wedding. You can have a bag available for everyone if they need these "necessities".

Like PPs said, make it personal. Think of what they like. Does one have to have their coffee? Then a small gift card for her favorite coffee place or a bag of her favorite roast. Just an example. It doesn't need to all be the same thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did totes for my girls and filled them with items for a cozy night in-- special candles that also serve as lotion, luxe pjs, a pashmina, etc.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_things-put-bm-gift-bag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:a0e8ba4b-8ef4-4fe7-8e5e-a7e51a382b33Post:cf0509b1-59f1-48e2-b275-6a2d9b8daa1f">Re: Things to put in a BM gift bag?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did totes for my girls and filled them with items for a cozy night in-- special candles that also serve as lotion, luxe pjs, a pashmina, etc.
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

I like this idea! I will have to remember it. Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely personalize it. Make sure you have a least one thing that says that you thought of them as individuals. You can fill it up with generic things like flip flops, lip gloss, jewelry,  girly stuff, etc to  use as fill for your gift.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Yes, personalize each for the girl you're giving it to. You can probably leave it in there, but an "emergency" bag is not really a gift, so definitely get them other things. I had a "day of emergency bag" on hand that they were welcome to use but it wasn't my gift to them. Think about it: Would you be jazzed to get tampons, deoderant, and floss for your birthday or Christmas?

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually making baskets for my girls. I am going to buy them the flip flops that match their dresses (from davids), a gc to the salon, a clutch (was thinking of going to the vera bradley outlet), frame with a picture, jewelry from the wedding, all that kind of stuff. I got a smaller size basket so I can put more valuable things in it, rather than buying them all a bunch of small gifts in it.
  • nboothe86nboothe86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a suggestion that I plan to do with my ladies of the wedding. I know all of us drink wine. I shopped on Etsy and found personalized painted wine glasses. Bought one for each girls and will buy them each a bottle of wine as well to go with it. I do have one that is underage, and to make up for that she will recieve a bottle of sparking grape juice instead of wine.
  • edited December 2011
    I did the same thing! Things I put in:sunscreen, hair elastics, a tiny reusable shopping bag that folded up and looked like a piece of fruit :), nail file, bottled water, this was awesome (if you and your girls drink)-I had a cash bar so I asked each BM what their fave liquor was for a mixed drink and I bought 2 nips of those so they could bring them to the wedding and have at least 2 free drinks, items from the ceremony-bubbles, fan, jeez it's hard to remember! ummmmm....maybe some candy, a little notepad, tissues, a beach towel, there was probably more but I can't remember right now.  The bags I got were huge so I put some tissue paper on the bottom, put the stuff on top of that, then filled the top with tissue paper sticking out and I think tied the handles together with pretty ribbon.
    They were by far the best BM gifts ever! I wish I got one!Laughing
    Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain....
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas! Each of the totes is already personalized with their name, but the candles and the making the gift personal with a person specific item is a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards