Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OOT shower/bachelorette Ideas

Okay sooooo I declined to have a shower bc we are here, family is all over the U.S. On top of it being impossible to coordinate, I feel bad asking people to give me gifts for a shower, plus travel here and pay for expenses to come to my wedding.

Well my MOH's are my FSIL's and they have asked me a couple different times if I would like to do something the week before the wedding while they are here such as a small shower/bachelorette party.  I just don't know what I want to do? Any ideas?  I have a feeling though that It will be VERY small, such as FSIL, FSIL, FMIL, my mom, My gramma, any aunts/cousins in town, & local friends. I want it to be fun/appropriate for everyone.  I have already told them I don't want a big drunk fest, nothing raunchy, no penises everywhere, absolutely NO strippers (LOL).  I would be okay with a fun lingerie shower/wine tasting or something of the sort. 

Who has some creative/classy ideas?

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: OOT shower/bachelorette Ideas

• edited December 2011

My friends/family all had to fly in for the wedding too, and here's what I did:

A small group of my close relatives came into town on Wednesday, so we just went out to dinner each night (Wednesday and Thursday). I definitely didn't want anything approaching a bridal shower because I didn't want any gifts/extra expense on their part. (We picked up the tab for the dinners). I did make hair appointments at a salon for me, my mom, and my two aunts to all get our hair done before the RD together, so I guess that was kind of like a "girl's afternoon."

The bridesmaids all came into town on Friday just before the rehearsal, and my SIL decided we should go out for a drink after the RD (which ended at 11 pm). The groomsmen ended up going out for a drink separately. It was fun and low-key (we went to a quiet bar and just had 1 drink each) but the bar that we ended up going to was really far away from the RD and our hotel, and it took forever to get everyone organized (including designating a DD) and on the way. If I'd known it was going to take until 2 a.m. just for that one drink, I'd have just brought back some wine to the hotel and stayed up talking with the girls instead!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a lingerie shower at my suite at the Melrose.  Beforehand, we went to dinner at nearby Bellini's.  It was soooo much fun!

My second choice was to rent the room at Cork in West Village and have my lingerie shower there and have pizza delivered from Grimaldi's next door.

Alot of girls like Pete's piano bar and Mercy wine bar in Addison.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a bachelorette party at Times Ten Cellar, which is one of my favorite places in the world.  The one I went to was pretty low-key, but you can have them section off certain parts of the building (or even get a table back in the barrel room, which is really neat) for a party.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_oot-showerbachelorette-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e7f189ff-4b7d-4e29-8f03-c8b3a59bc241Post:ec06b48c-dd4f-4c58-98c9-2e68eda86fcc">Re: OOT shower/bachelorette Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a bachelorette party at Times Ten Cellar, which is one of my favorite places in the world.  The one I went to was pretty low-key, but you can have them section off certain parts of the building (or even get a table back in the barrel room, which is really neat) for a party.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The one in Fort Worth has a cute room in the front that can be closed off easily and fit about 10 people. You can bring in outside food from wherever -- just have to buy the wine from them. I think they even told me there wasn't a room rental charge -- but I could be wrong/outdated on that.
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of great/cute little places you could do wine tastings and dinner in downtown Grapevine as well! And I think that's a great idea...
  • edited December 2011
    The first part of my BP is going to eat at Mi Cocina's in Fort Worth (they have one in Southlake too I think).
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I keep forgetting about Times Ten Cellars!  I also love Brownstone down on 7th street. Ok I am goign to check out Times Ten Cellars. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards