Moms and Maids
Options

Maid Of Honor

I need help with choosing my Maid Of Honor!! I am in the early stages of planning our wedding for September 2012, and I feel like I need the help but I am very hesitant and I dont want to make the wrong choice. Is it too early to chose?
I have a friend that I have only known for about 2 years that I feel extremely close to but she has since moved. We still talk quite frequently, and I already ask for her opinions. But then There was friends I had in highschool that I was extrememly close to but  we barely talk these days. Is it wrong to chose a friend you havent known that long over ones that you have known longer but arent really close to anymore? Please help :(

Re: Maid Of Honor

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Yes. Don't choose now. I know you want to because you are excited but PLEASE wait. So many brides come on here asking how to replace a MOH because they asked too early and the friendship changed. 

2. Choose the person you feel closest to, regardless of how long you have known them and distance. Don't consider who will be the best "help", because any help your MOH/BMs give is a gift and is not a requirement of being a BM. You can ask for a hand, but they do not HAVE to help. Hopefully they will want to, but some women are not into weddings and others just may not be able to be at your side for all plans due to family, work, school, money, distance, etc

You can share your plans with and ask advice from anyone you see fit, not just your WP. 

Good luck!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b48eb16e-32dc-419a-b77c-f2603c552a81Post:783a7f74-27ec-4e90-bfa3-75087c97453b">Re: Maid Of Honor</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Yes. Don't choose now. I know you want to because you are excited but PLEASE wait. So many brides come on here asking how to replace a MOH because they asked too early and the friendship changed.  2. Choose the person you feel closest to, regardless of how long you have known them and distance. Don't consider who will be the best "help", because any help your MOH/BMs give is a gift and is not a requirement of being a BM. You can ask for a hand, but they do not HAVE to help. Hopefully they will want to, but some women are not into weddings and others just may not be able to be at your side for all plans due to family, work, school, money, distance, etc You can share your plans with and ask advice from anyone you see fit, not just your WP.  Good luck!
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This this this!

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, don't choose now!  It's way to early.  You should pick whomever you want to, but not now.  If you are looking for someone to share your excitment, ask several friends to go with you to look at dresses or simply ask for their opinions about things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards