Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Dress problem!

I am not sure what to do about my bridal party dresses.  Not realizing I make a mistake, I told my bridesmaid they could pick out their own dresses (they all like out of town).  After one of my bridesmaid chose a dress (that she loves!) and ordered it.   I am not much of a fan of this dress and I didn't say no because she loved it soo much.  Because it is so dramatic, do the rest of my bridesmaid have to order the same dress even though I do not like it, or can they wear something more basic?   I am thinking about telling her to cancel the order and order another dress, but is that rude? I just don't know what to do!!! 

Here is the flower dress..... 

Here is something of basic... ( That I like)

My maid of Honor is wearing this...

Do theese dresses blend together??? I truly do not know what to do!!

Re: Bridesmaid Dress problem!

• Options
    If they are all the same color it will be fine.  You let them chose. They have and they chose I assume what is flattering to their body style.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    If you told all your bms to pick out knee length, purple dresses, that's what they did. It would be rude to start nitpicking their choices, now. Aside from that, the dresses pictured look fine together. The first dress does not look overly dramatic.

• Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-dress-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c3179121-7206-4570-890f-ead331c6d9f7Post:2e414472-dc0f-463f-a8c6-0f28ed97f282">Bridesmaid Dress problem!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure what to do about my bridal party dresses.  Not realizing I make a mistake, I told my bridesmaid they could pick out their own dresses (they all like out of town).  After one of my bridesmaid chose a dress (that she loves!) and ordered it.   I am not much of a fan of this dress and I didn't say no because she loved it soo much.  Because it is so dramatic, do the rest of my bridesmaid have to order the same dress even though I do not like it, or can they wear something more basic?   I am thinking about telling her to cancel the order and order another dress, but is that rude? I just don't know what to do!!!  Here is the flower dress.....  Here is something of basic... ( That I like) My maid of Honor is wearing this... Do theese dresses blend together??? I truly do not know what to do!!
    Posted by LStein226[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>There's nothing terrible about the first dress--it's not my style, but if she loves it, that's a really good sign that she'll be beaming in your pictures.</div><div>
    </div><div>Don't tell her to cancel it--you didn't tell her "check with me first" so you don't get to tell her you don't like her taste now that she's already ordered it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Don't make anyone else buy it--let everyone else make her own decision. You can steer any undecided girls toward dress(es) you like, but don't force them to choose particular dresses either. If they're all wearing purple knee-length dresses, it will look fine and deliberate.
    </div>
  • Options
    Thank you all! I think I just needed some reassurance......I will not be making any calls! :) 
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  And I think the dresses will look great together.  Lovely color!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    it is alright, they are all the same colour and they are almost the same styles. i have seen lots of photos which the bridesmaid wear different dress style but in the same colour and they look great
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards