Moms and Maids

well

My mom and sisters my moh and bridesmaid decided that they are going to get their dresses at a department store to save money. I am fine with that but it means my color ideas for their dresses are now up in the air...

Re: well

• That sucks. Is your mom the MOH???? If not, who cares where she buys her dress. What color were you hoping for them to wear?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_well?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:d1595c56-5932-470e-bb0c-b7ddedb24a1ePost:6607fb0b-ea65-4a0c-a1f7-a68766d3c2df">well</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom and sisters my moh and bridesmaid decided that they are going to get their dresses at a department store to save money. I am fine with that but it means my color ideas for their dresses are now up in the air...
    Posted by jessbrooks1024[/QUOTE]

Why are your colors up in the air?  Department stores carry a lot of differnt color dresses.

ETA- unless your mom and sisters are in the wedding party, they are not confined to colors you would like them to wear.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • edited May 2012
    My sisters are the moh and bridesmaid. My mom probably will help them pay for their dresses. I want lavenader aqua and pink for my colors. I just do not want black or for them to like a dress and me not like the color it comes in.
  • I guess I'm not understanding why they agreed to be bridesmaids if they aren't willing to get at least the color of dress you'd like. Pretty much that is the only requirement of a MOH or bridesmaid besides showing up on time and sober. It doesn't seem like that much to ask. It seems you are being really lenient, which is cool of you but I don't think you need to give them free reign on every detail including color. Maybe I'm off base, but I think they are being overly demanding.
  • edited May 2012
    I want color that's the only reason I want black and the want it to be the colors I like and are willing to try on every thing and color I like... we are just trying to save them money. We have a year and have only just started looking to see what styles we like.
  • m tullim tulli member
    First Comment
    Prom season is a great time to shop dept stores.  Lot of dresses to choose from and I am sure you could find one in a color you want to use.
    85image 71image 14image
  • For my first wedding, we found prom dresses on clearance, totally by accident.  They were on sale for $25.  We bought three in the biggest sizes, and my mom fixed the hems, everyone was happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, OK. At least they are willing to find what you want they just dont' want to pay bridal shop prices, which I can understand. I totally can see why you don't want black ... it would look fine but if you have this colorful array in your mind's eye, black will throw it all off. Not to mention it could totally change the vibe of the formality of the wedding. 

I'm sure you can find something suitable in your colors and the after prom season is great for finding things. I was in Macy's the other day and they had multiple racks of clearance dresses. 
  • Shopping in the department stores is fine.You might get some great deals on dresses, in the colors you want. IMO, the bridesmaids should go along with the brides color choices, as long as your not forcing them to wear colors that they hate. I like black dresses, but if you don't, you should speak up in  a respectful way.

• Thank you all for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards