Moms and Maids

Champagne or Purple BM dresses?!?!?!

Hey girls. My wedding colors are champagne and purple, but I can't decide on the color for the BM dresses. My wedding dress is ivory and a few people have told me they think they will blend in with me too much or worse yet, clash! Don't want that. What do you think? Have you seen weddings with ivory wedding dress and champagne BM dress

that worked?

Re: Champagne or Purple BM dresses?!?!?!

• edited December 2011
    I think purple will be a much more flattering color on most skintones than champagne.  Also, with the sharp contrast between the purple and your ivory dress, you will really 'pop' in the pictures (I've heard a few photographers say that bridesmaid dress color should really contrast with the bride's dress color).
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • sytomsytom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote purple too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Although champagne and ivory are neutrals and will therefore NEVER clash with ANYTHING (whoever told you otherwise needs some What Not to Wear, stat), I also vote for purple because it's what I'd rather wear.
  • edited December 2011
    Could you do champagne on the groomsmen's vests/ties/cummerbunds? I agree with PP's about purple dress- - stunning! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • tseaytseay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Okay ladies, purple it is!!! I feel really good about the decision. Thanks for everyone's input.

kellya....great suggestion!

• edited December 2011
    I vote for purple. Perhaps I am a little bias bc my BM's wore purple dresses and it is also my favorite color.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, purple. 
  • edited December 2011
    Purple.  Pretty colours!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely purple.  Much more figure flattering.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely purple! It's a gorgeous shade too! :)
    "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards