Moms and Maids
Options

Best friend can't be at the wedding

I'm having an issue choosing my maid of honor.  My best friend is in the military, and stationed overseas, and won't be able to attend the wedding.  My other bridesmaids, are great friends, but are all equal as far as closeness goes.  How do I choose my maid of honor?  My future sister-in-law is going to be a bridesmaid, so would that be the best choice?  

Re: Best friend can't be at the wedding

• Options
    There's no rule that you have to have a MOH.  It's fine to ask them all to be BM.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Have them all be BMs.  You don't need a Maid of Honor.  Anyone can hold your bouquet and sign the marriage license.
  • Options
    You definitely do not need a maid of honor...they can all just be BMs. Besides, since you have already asked your military friend to be the moh and she cant, it would only feel like she is being replaced, and whoever you asked feel like a replacement.
  • Options
    Keep your BF as your MOH.  She can be listed in the program as your MOH, then maybe put a note somewhere later in the program the your MOH is not present today because she is currently serving our Country in the Army (etc).  One of your BMs can perform the duties of the MOH during the cermony, such as holding flowers or signing the marriage license. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_friend-cant-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:e109401a-b6b0-4282-9d5a-5eb4e7b1e6b3Post:77f030c9-f24e-425c-8043-c3444839113b">Re: Best friend can't be at the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keep your BF as your MOH.  She can be listed in the program as your MOH, then maybe put a note somewhere later in the program the your MOH is not present today because she is currently serving our Country in the Army (etc).  One of your BMs can perform the duties of the MOH during the cermony, such as holding flowers or signing the marriage license. 
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

This.  Your MOH is the person that's closest to you, just because she is unable to attend doesn't mean that she still can't be your MOH in spirit. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Im sorry your best friend can't make it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can definitely have all of those friends be your bridesmaids, and not select a maid of honor.

If you really want to, you can list your friend who will be overseas as your "honorary MOH" in the programs - not necessary of course, but a nice way to honor your friendship with her.
  • Options
    I agree keep your best friend as matron of honor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards