Moms and Maids

Maid of Honor before Matron

I have three maids. What do you think about having a Maid of Honor, a Matron of Honor and a Bridesmaid? The catch is, the Maid of Honor would be the first of the wedding party. Is it customary to have the Matron of Honor go first? I know I can do it the way I want, and Matron just means they are married, but I haven't seen mch information on these "rules."

Thanks

Re: Maid of Honor before Matron

• I have three maids. What do you think about having a Maid of Honor, a Matron of Honor and a Bridesmaid? The catch is, the Maid of Honor would be the first of the wedding party. Is it customary to have the Matron of Honor go first? I know I can do it the way I want, and Matron just means they are married, but I haven't seen mch information on these "rules."

Thanks
  • I don't think it matters what order they walk in. They all do the same thing anyway.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I don't think the order matters, but I would hesitate to have two "honors" with just one maid.  Kinda makes it seem like you're singling her out in a negative way rather than singling one friend out in a positive way, KWIM?  If you haven't given these titles yet I'd consider having just one MOH or no MOH. 
  • edited March 2013
    Are you asking about the order of the procession? Traditionally, the bms would go first, then the maid of honor, then the matron followed by the bride. The matron of honor would stand next to the bride, during the ceremony. Alternatively, the maid and matron of honor could walk together. The exception would be if the maid of honor is the bride's sister and the matron isn't related. You could have your sister stand next to you. But all of this is really nit picky and no one will care or even notice. 

If you are talking about programs, the Matron's name is first, the Maid's second and the bms follow. 

I would take Kate's point into consideration. With three in your wedding party, it seems awkward to give honor titles to two. 

• Great! Thank you, all. I am going to stick with on Maid of Honor and two bridesmaids.

Thanks, again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards