Moms and Maids

What do moms REALLY want from their daughters?

I am having a hard time finding a gift that my mom would really love. I have seen the picture frames, vases and photo books. 

MOMS.... What is the thing that would mean the most to you from your daughters?

I really want something special. 

Re: What do moms REALLY want from their daughters?

• I have a Pandora charm bracelet that I love. You could give your mom a bracelet with a charm commemorating your wedding and you can add to it on future gift giving occasions.

A gift certificate for the two of you to do something special together such as a spa date, event tickets or dinner at a special restaurant.

Give her a picture frame with the promise of a wedding photo of you and your new husband with her (and dad, if that's appropriate). Include a heartfelt letter about how much she means to you. Your mom would treasure that letter forever.

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2012
    Give her a picture frame with the promise of a wedding photo of you and your new husband with her (and dad, if that's appropriate). Include a heartfelt letter about how much she means to you. Your mom would treasure that letter forever.
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

I agree with this suggestion.  My daughter purchased a multi photo frame and filled it with family photos from the wedding.  The central picture was of she and her husband; it was surrounded by photos of she and her brother, one with just she and us (parents), one of all 4 of us, and one with the "new" family that included the groom.  The card and letter included makes me misty whenever I think of it.  I could not ask for anything more.

Shortly after their return from the honeymoon, daughter also called and planned a "just because" spa date "on her treat", and said it would be nice to just "catch up" because so much of our lives revolved around wedding related topics for so long.  That was lovely, too.
  • Thank you for all the suggestions! It's funny, because SHE got ME a spa gift card for us to use together! 

THANKS EVERYONE
  • Awesome suggestions ... MOBKAZ how cool of your daughter. Love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards