Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid's Gifts - What to buy?

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'm after some new and fresh ideas :)

What is everyone buying their attendants to say "thank-you for putting up with all this wedding BS"?

Even though it's my sister and my 2 closest friends that are standing up there with me I have no freaking idea what to buy for them.

And yes I do realise that there is still just over a year until the wedding, but I'm anal about getting in early and being organised.

Thanks peeps xoxo

Re: Bridesmaid's Gifts - What to buy?

• Don't think in terms of wedding presents, think in terms of presents.  If their birthdays were next week, or it were Christmas next week, what would you buy them?  What are their hobbies?  Do they collect anything?  Is one a kindle-holic/rabid reader?  One an oinophile?  One a baker who likes new kitchen toys? 

But I would still caution you to wait until you're a lot closer to the wedding to actually buy presents for them.

• This is what I decided to do for mine: I bought all of them necklaces to wear on the wedding day but it's their gift they get to keep. Since I got mine so cheap, I also got them a makeup bag that has lip balm, lotion, and a few other things for the day of or whenever. I had a hard time deciding too, but I thought it'll save on money just to give them what would go with my 'theme' on jewelry. Laughing
  • Don't do what jak did; a necklace you're making them wear with the BM dress is not a gift for them, it is a gift for you and your photos. Like PP said shop like it's their birthday but wait a while! They might get themselves what you bought them or have lost interest in that hobby in a year. I bought my girls Coach bags; they had absolutely nothing to do with the wedding, I didn't match my colors or anything but I did go neutral just b/c it's more functional IMO. The girls all raved about them and I've seen them in use a lot since the wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaids-gifts-what-to-buy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:ee155ecd-d0b7-4e92-8fb7-bda3e778c7dfPost:0bd9c265-4d88-4250-a028-d95d082f1bab">Re: Bridesmaid's Gifts - What to buy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is what I decided to do for mine: I bought all of them necklaces to wear on the wedding day but it's their gift they get to keep. Since I got mine so cheap, I also got them a makeup bag that has lip balm, lotion, and a few other things for the day of or whenever. I had a hard time deciding too, but I thought it'll save on money just to give them what would go with my 'theme' on jewelry.
    Posted by jak554[/QUOTE]
    Things for your wedding are not a gift to them, they're part of the uniform. 

• I personally have nothing against giving (or receiving) wedding related gifts. I always like getting jewelry I can wear for the wedding and any other special occassion, as long as I like it. I prefer to receive it so I don't have to worry about jewelry for their day.

However, I would also include something personal. So far, mine are on the "naughty list" according to this post. I'm getting all my girls bags with their first names, flip flops just in case they'd like to change for the reception (but I'm by no means requiring it...and I know they all love flip flops!), hand sanitizer from B&BW-including the little holder things, lotion, and I will be getting them jewelry, but am not requiring them to wear it. I'm hoping to find some that will fit their personalities that I think they'd wear later. I also want to get something else small that is different for each person, similar to what I'd get them for their birthday or Christmas.
    imageAnniversary
  • Thanks everyone for the great advice :)

I will definitely wait a while before I buy their gifts.  I might even get them something in the after Christmas sales as that will hopefully minimise the chance of me buying them something that they already own.

It might make it easier "mentally" to pick something out as I can just tell myself that it is a late Chrsitmas present and not stress about it being their "thank-you" gift.

You all Rock!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaids-gifts-what-to-buy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ee155ecd-d0b7-4e92-8fb7-bda3e778c7dfPost:b983f508-95fd-4dd4-b8a6-6341cb4b55bf">Re: Bridesmaid's Gifts - What to buy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally have nothing against giving (or receiving) wedding related gifts. I always like getting jewelry I can wear for the wedding and any other special occassion, as long as I like it. I prefer to receive it so I don't have to worry about jewelry for their day. However, I would also include something personal. So far, mine are on the "naughty list" according to this post. I'm getting all my girls bags with their first names, flip flops just in case they'd like to change for the reception (but I'm by no means requiring it...and I know they all love flip flops!), hand sanitizer from B&BW-including the little holder things, lotion, and I will be getting them jewelry, but am not requiring them to wear it. I'm hoping to find some that will fit their personalities that I think they'd wear later. I also want to get something else small that is different for each person, similar to what I'd get them for their birthday or Christmas.
    Posted by owengirl996[/QUOTE]

I'm doing similar things
  • I decided on spa gift bags for my BMs. I got some Bath and Body Works body wash, manicure kits, nail polish, bath sponges, some makeup, etc. I also got my MOH a nice picture frame since she is in love with stars. 
    Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards