Moms and Maids

2 Maid of Honors

I chose to have two maid of honors, one is my best friend and roommate from college, the other is my cousin whom I grew up with. I want to have my friend (who is also catholic (as my FI and I are) and married) to sign the marriage certificate for my FI and I at the wedding. I also want her to give the speech at the reception because she knows us as a couple much better. Any my aunt who lives in town (both roomie and cousin live out of town) is hosting the shower, so that isn't needed either. What can I have my cousin do so she doesn't feel that she is not doing anything?

Re: 2 Maid of Honors

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, it's Maids of Honor, not Maid of Honors. Not trying to be snarky, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

Why not have your cousin stand closest to you and hold your bouquet during the ceremony?  She can also hold your FIs ring if it's a double ring ceremony.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • aholtsbaholtsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to consider letting them both make a speech at the reception as well.  If I was a maid of honor I would expect to make a speech and I would be offended if I was told that I could not.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am having a maid of honor and a matron of honor. My maid will be my sister and my matron is my best friend from high school and college.

I am planning on having both give speeches at the wedding. I'm thinking having the grand entrance, speech by the maid of honor and best man, prayer by my dad, followed by the salad entree, and then a brief break for the matron of honor and second best man (if you will). The the rest of the meal.

I thought it important for both to be able to give speeches. This is just how i'm organizing it but maybe it will help give you ideas on how to organize the speeches if you choose!

Can't wait to hear more about your ideas!
  • plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with teh previous post she could be holding your bouquet or given the best job of all . (in my opinion) fixing your dress throughout the ceremony.

I was part of a double MOH. The FSIL and I were both MOH. I delt with the dress...flowers...decorating...emotions of the bride. Other MOH delt with marriage signing...speech...organizing showers. I loved it and I felt just as special as the other MOH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards