Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Belltower Chapel and Gardens FTW

Is/has anyone had their wedding at this venue?  What was your overall experience?

Re: Belltower Chapel and Gardens FTW

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hey, I have never been to the Belltower or worked with them or anything... but I just wanted to share that our photographer shot a wedding there this past weekend and the first part of the blog preview is up if you want to check it out.

It looks like a really beautiful venue.

www.mcgowanimages.com/blog

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *butting in*

Dang it, Tiffany... I love McGowan SO MUCH.  I seriously blog-stalk all the time.  I had photographer envy.

I love my photographer, but MAN, I really love McGowan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always thought it was BEAUTIFUL and it was one that we thought about at first. The only thing is that the reception area has so many (beautiful) stained windows that it kind of interfered with my vision a little bit. I also heard it was smaller "in person"... and I also heard it was not in the greatest part of town... but then again, the venue I chose isn't either. Belltower never had an address on their website when I looked, so I have no clue where it's even located!
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Brianna - I know!!  I'm in so in love with my photos and albums and I seriously check their blog first thing every morning when I get to work. 

I know your wedding photos will be amazing!  You guys are too cute and your venues too gorgeous for that not to happen, don't you worry about that.  =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_belltower-chapel-gardens-ftw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:eb6d8d9d-6d09-4092-90ec-004050486f5fPost:6740c99d-0308-4f30-ba02-9841b3baaafa">Re: Belltower Chapel and Gardens FTW</a>:
    [QUOTE]*butting in* Dang it, Tiffany... I love McGowan SO MUCH.  I seriously blog-stalk all the time.  I had photographer envy. I love my photographer, but MAN, I really love McGowan.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Their blog is seriously the first thing I check every morning...I have a problem lol. 

I told her I was practacing my smile for our Nov 1 engagement session and she told me to STOP, spend the day with my honey, have a glass of wine, just be happy and be in love and she will handle all the rest.  Seriously I could give her the biggest hug ever.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

:)  Aw shucks, thank you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bobbie -  That's no lie.   The camera is kind of distracting at first, but you just sort of do your own thing and she works the magic around you.  Hours pass and you don't even realize it.   It's pretty amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything Amber said. It was the second place that we went and looked at and the chapel area is GORGEOUS. I however, did not really like the reception area. It seems smaller and did not have the look I was going for. The coordinator told us that it would hold our amount of people and still be able to have a dance floor but I think it would have been a really tight squeeze. I also was not fond of the area. They are working on putting a pretty fence around the building so that might make it better. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_belltower-chapel-gardens-ftw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:eb6d8d9d-6d09-4092-90ec-004050486f5fPost:234c878a-3037-4742-aec8-26628adbb6e2">Re: Belltower Chapel and Gardens FTW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bobbie -  That's no lie.   The camera is kind of distracting at first, but you just sort of do your own thing and she works the magic around you.  Hours pass and you don't even realize it.   It's pretty amazing.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

I honestly cannot wait for this.  I am so excited to not only get the pictures but to actually take them which I NEVER thought I would.  I am sure many photogs are great about this but I honestly just cant see how I would be as excited with anyone but Chelsea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they are actually doing construction around the chapel so there is a LOVELY chainlink fence around the chapel and machines.  We were told that if there is a wedding they are not allowed to do construction at that time, but the machines would still be there.  The lady we spoke to said that they would be done by the time our wedding rolled around (July 2011). 

I also agree with pp.  The reception area is a tad small and I think the flow from the ceremony to the reception is a little wonky. 

We loved the arches though!  We felt that the stones made it a little too "gothic" for us. 

These are just what FI and I thought.  Opinions only!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was actually our first venue for our original wedding date. We postponed our wedding so we cancelled and now we have a different venue. I really loved the chapel. That was what I based my decision on. As we started working our way through the process I started to get a not so great feeling about it. I was very concerned wih the amount of time given to have the entire wedding, including set up and clean up. I would have been a mess that day, rushing around. We did have the option to buy additional hours at $250 but that seemed crazy based on what we were already paying. There is a lot of construction. The neighborhood surrounding it is not good at all. Also, the reception area is a bit small. I was looking at having about 120 people. After seeing the room drawings I knew that it would never work. We picked that venue because we were going to DIY everything and try to stay under a certain budget. By the time we started putting everything together with the cost of the venue it just wasn't worth it.

Now we are getting married at a country club. Our guest list we trimmed down to 80 people and the entire cost is only $500 more than the rental fee at Belltower. YAY!!
  • Options
    kristolnkristoln member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well I'm already booked and was wondering how did anyone who had their wedding there  transtion from the ceremony to the reception hall.  It is a bit small and.......I'm just gettin nervous! :o  I only have 73 days left!!  Thanks guys!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The lady I talked to showed us the garden outside.  It's really gorgeous!  If I had my wedding there, I would send my guests out there for a cocktail hour/appetizers while pictures were taken and then they could be ushered back in for the reception.  Also, I know they do the ringing of the bells after the ceremony, so it would be nice to have them all outside for that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is another entire wedding there up on McGowan's blog and I have to say, I think it's breathtaking.  The only issue I would have is if bad weather took away the outdoor portion.  But otherwise, I th ink the wedding on that blog shows that it can indeed be done, and beautifully too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards