Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Paula's Choice

Hey Girls -

My wedding is a little over 4 months away, and I am one of those people that completely break out due to stress.  Lets just say, my face is awful right now.  Someone recommended Paula's Choice to me, and the reviews seem to be 95% positive, but I wanted to see if I could talk with anyone else first hand.  I have been using the Beta Hydroxy Liquid 2% for a week and am thinking about getting her cleanser and blemish fighting solution, but wanted to check in first.  Any advice, even if not about Paula's Choice, would be very helpful and apprecaited....thank you!  And sorry if this is a repeat post, I tried to search to make sure and was unsuccessful.

Re: Paula's Choice

• Options
    A knottie told me about Paula's Choice and I bought the 5 step skin care - I LOVE it.  I can't give it enough positive remarks! I use the normal/oily skin combo.  My skin feels soft and my blackheads are finally fading.  I highly recommend it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh really?!  I hadnt thought of doing the whole step by step system, thats great.  Did you notice it get worse before it got better, and did you notice results quickly??  I may want to start the same thing!
  • Options
    I have struggled with acne on my chin & lower face for years. I tried many things - Proactive, Retin-A, over the counter products with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid (spelling?), but I found nothing really worked.

I bit the bullet & went to a new dermatologist. I told him I was getting married in June & I wanted to work on getting healthy skin now because I knew it wouldn't come overnight.  He put me on something called Aldactone. (It's a medicine that helps regulate the hormones that cause my acne) He also prescribed a topical antibiotic I put on my face nightly called Epidou. He also took a syringe and injected each large pimple with medicine.  It took almost a month, but my skin looks the best it has in my whole life! Not one single zit. Nothing.

I've never felt happier or more confident about my skin. Sometimes acne is caused by internal things that no face wash can fix. I highly recommend getting to a good dermatologist-he or she can help you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_paulas-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:000ec69e-acd5-49ee-bf31-9ca597d7e414Post:d91053c0-401f-44cb-bb55-72ca38df8b67">Re: Paula's Choice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh really?!  I hadnt thought of doing the whole step by step system, thats great.  Did you notice it get worse before it got better, and did you notice results quickly??  I may want to start the same thing!
    Posted by NetWed3[/QUOTE]

It didn't cause me to breakout at all! After 3 weeks I noticed my blackheads were slowly going away.  My skin is softer now and less oily. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you girls!  Gena-mine are definitely all hormonal so I am starting to lose hope.  I actually went to a dermatologist and she was extremely rude, but you are right I just have to find a new one.  Maybe I will and mention those products. 

Pink - i am glad to know it was at least 3 weeks you started to notice some fading, i have only used for a week and a half and i guess because of the reviews was hoping for overnight success so i need to just relax! 

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards