Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair Style for BM with shorter hair

Hi Girls....

I told my BMs that they can have their hair done however they would like, up, down, whatever they are comfortable with.

My FSIL has shorter hair, about the length of her chin and she is at a loss for a style...and I hadn't thought about it either! She had her hair sort of half up-half down for the last wedding she was in and wasn't a big fan, she felt it made her look too young (shes 35)

I was thinking maybe some sort of bobbypin with rhinestones/pearls on it just to add something to her hair?

Anyone have any suggestions/pictures that might give us some inspiration...wedding is a week from tomorrow and she just realized she has no idea what she wants!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hair Style for BM with shorter hair

• I think that with a bob, just styling it nicely (with a flat iron) looks great. My SIL, who was a bridesmaid for me, had her hair like that for my wedding and it looked great, even though the other BM and I had our hair up. I think the bobby pin look is nice but kind of young.
  • Or how about finger waves? It's quite retro glam and looks amazing with shorter hair. I have very short hair that i've managed to get to bob length in about a year and I can't wait to wear this style with a little sparkle to jazz it up. And some dangle earrings - I heart earrings and all things that sparkle.
  • h1lloydh1lloyd member
    First Comment
    I've been in 4 weddings when I had short hair, probably chin length or an inch or so longer each time. All styles were a little different. My favorite was when my hair was teased so it had volume, and was parted to the side. One side was pushed behind my ear and pinned with a cute bobby pin.. it looked elegant but fun. I also had it as a half-up, half-down style with lots of curls. It looked nice. There was a nother style that was parted to the side, both sides pulled back and brought to a very low updo at the crown of my head, and tucked under. Paris Hilton had a similar style once.
    Good luck!
  • mcclurekelleymcclurekelley member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Finding a short hair style for a wedding is probably the hardest!  As a bride with short hair I wanted to scream because all the photos in bridal magazines, on the Knot, etc. have girls with long hair in these fun up-do's.  Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it.  I'm guessing your BM feels the same way!

My advice is look at short hair styles that she would wear after the wedding and talk with a stylist she trusts.  Nothing is worse than having a hairstyle that you don't feel comfortable wearing, even with short hair!
  • Thanks girls! I found a few cute styles over the weekend and she liked a few of them. Hopefully one of them will work out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a bride to be with short hair and I found a cute style in a magazine. My hair is thick so it may not work well but it's a tousled look with a hair comb on the side. I'm wearing a veil so I might just leave it in the bob it is now. I part it on the side so I might just tuck the one side and leave the other down. I know what it's like to see 1 short style and 100 long hair styles all over!! Good luck!
  • Ha!  Try finding styles with bangs & long hair.

I found a few styles by googling red carpet hair pix.  HTH
  • oh i got hopeful that this was a convo about short hair for the bride!!! My hair is literally shaved in the back and to my chin on one side and short on the other...of course, i cut my hair like 3 weeks before my FI proposed...I am getting married in 5 months so growing it out isnt an option....can any of you help me??!!! LOL thanks ladies!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Your asymmetrical cut sounds adorable, but you may want to try extensions for the wedding if you want a less trendy style for the pics. You can grow your one side out to 2 inches long and get the most natural looking extensions for that side to bring it to shoulder length and just a little extra length for the other side.

Or if you want to keep it on the short side, grow out that shaved back and short sides, then do a twisty updo the captures all the longer hair and weave it towards the back on that side, leave the other side untouched. It'll still be a little asymmetrical, but there are a lot of sideswept looks out there right now. That will at least be original!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards