Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Face Wash

Has anyone tried this face wash?  I have an appointment with my derm coming up and I wanted to ask her about prescribing this face wash to help with my acne.  I've read good reviews of it online but wanted to hear your thoughts.

I'm 25 and have VERY oily/acne prone skin.  I've had acne since middle school and I've tried all kinds of topical and oral medications, some have helped but nothing has made me completely clear.
image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Face Wash

• Options
    I don't know exactly, but when I was your age (a few years ago) I was using a prescription sulfur facewash. It was pretty smelly but I LOVED it.
    I would say even taking accutane in high school helped but didn't cure my acne... it's just something I constantly fight.
  • Options
    I use the face wash and the lotion. It has really helped my skin a lot. I also have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin, and all the benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid products I was prescribed in the past just seemed to irritate my skin or make it worse. Obviously, everyone's skin can react differently, but I've had good results overall. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This product will work on the conditions of the skin. I have had the same issue all of my life and I am proud to say that I figured it out.  It is less about the condition and more about your skin type. I was given a booklet about accutane and figured it had to be a better solution other than killing my insides to get clear skin.

So, that being said this is what works for me.  I get PCA Peels (acid peels) once a month, they have a variety of peels for different skin types and conditions. Peels removes the top layer of skin allowing new skin to be produced. Use the aftercare regement for about a week or two. To maintain my clear skin I use Dermalogica  products from the clearing line. Drink losts and lots of water (half your body weight in ounces daily)

Healthy skin = clear skin

www.labelleartiste.com she will give you a Free bridal consultation.
  • Options
    I loved sulfur washes/ creams for my face. It wasn't a magic bullet, but nothing else (RX or OTC) has helped as much. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_sodium-sulfacetamide-10-and-sulfur-5-face-wash?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:09b832db-cf3c-48d8-98c1-c9c843469bfdPost:e1e9b6ed-34e1-4ba6-8adb-4a9806973c77">Re: Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Face Wash</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know exactly, but when I was your age (a few years ago) I was using a prescription sulfur facewash. It was pretty smelly but I LOVED it. I would say even taking accutane in high school helped but didn't cure my acne... it's just something I constantly fight.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

HI My name is Nechole and im geting married in Sep. i have a bad case of Acne or somthing -i'm 44 years old and i look like i'm 15 in the face :( where can go to get some relief from it all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards