Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

BIKINI WAX QUESTIONS

Well my wedding is in December.... and i want to be waxed so i dont need to shave on the honeymoon since we will be on the beach everyday.Questions:What is the best wax to do? Basic Bikini, Full Bikini, or Brazilian.... whats the difference?Also, I heard that you need to work your way up.. as in start a few months ahead of the wedding and go 2-3 times before ur final wedding wax because each time you do it, it takes the hair longer to grow back. Is this true?Please help :)

Re: BIKINI WAX QUESTIONS

• basic bikini will be only the hair that grows outside your underwear or swimsuit line extended bikini or full bikini is as far in as you want- usually people do a design like a stripe or triangle just above the vagina brazilian is no hair at all it's all personal preferance When you wax hair you essentially are trying to pull the hair out from the root disabling it from growing again however since there are so many hair folicles on the body hair will always grow typically the more you wax the longer you can go between waxing you want to get waxed at least 2-3 days prior to your wedding/honeymoon since you will have some irritation and discomfort after your first session but you should be fine over your honeymoon with just one wax... if you want to try it out before hand feel free it will give you a chance to get used to the procedure. hope this helps
  • I would definitely get it done before the wedding to see how you like it and to make sure your skin doesn't have any reactions to the wax used. I would get a bikini first just to test the waters before going for the brazilian. Make sure you take two pain killers a half hour before going to get waxed....it helps with the stinging. Don't go right before or right after your period....your skin is still really sensitive. See if your salon can use the stripless wax....MUCH less painful. Go a few days before the wedding/honeymoon to get waxed.Good luck! I don't think waxing is as bad as it can be made out to seem :)
  • Go for the brazillian! Do it at least once to experience it. You won't regret it. It's not that much more than the other waxes..you've already stripped down, let them wax the other hair, and the effect is much more dramatic.I go every 4-6 weeks. I would dare think about shaving on my honeymoon! You'll be worry free the whole time you're gone! Good luck!
  • when I used to wax regularly, I did the full bikini, where you leave the hair on the most sensitive parts.and to correct a PP, pulling the hair out by the roots once does not disable the follicle. the hair grows back again, just finer. over time, the follicles may stop growing hair as they become damaged by repeated trauma, but certainly not the first few times. this takes years.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • the filer on the hoo-ha?! have you tried it first on your legs? I've heard it's painful even on the legs. it basically scrapes your skin. uh-uh, the hoo-ha is way too delicate.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards