Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Wow Acne.... What on earth is going on?

So I am getting married in a month and a half and all of a sudden my skin looks like I reverted back to 13!!! I generally get a few small blemishes around that time, but now I have a ton and they look almost like cystic acne (which I have never had.) On top of that nothing is working to get rid of them. I tried proactive and that stuff just makes my face dry and burn, I even tried going to opposite way and adding way more moisture.  Any ideas???

Re: Wow Acne.... What on earth is going on?

• I use proactive and don't have any issues with it.  But I know that my sister breaks out if she uses a face wash that is meant for oily skin because it dries her face out too much... Did you try using a sensitive skin product? 
  • Yup, Generally that's my confusion. I have tried the sensitive skin products products for dry skin, products for acne. My face is just going nuts, my pores are huge and skin is red on top of it all.  The only thing I haven't done is microdermabrasion but honestly it costs too much and you need a ton of sessions for it to work. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • big cysts can be caused by stress and you should go to the Dr and get on antibiotics.  its the only way they wont be there for your wedding.  I know...I get them
  • I was pretty stressed out this month for reasons and I broke out, couple changes happend that made my skin get better: 1. I got de stressed 2. I've been using a honey glycerin bar to wash my face. It's all natural so it won't irritate my skin. Amazing results!
  • Don't try anything else at home since you're only a month away from your wedding.  Some things work for some people and not others so you could risk making it worse with experimentation.  See a dermatologist right away.
  • Go to the dermatologist and they will put you on something. I got those one year after a facial and they didn't stop so I went to the doctor and they gave me two things 1. An oral antibiotic 2. Retin-a-micro for topic use on the cisty zits. They are amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been getting cystic acne too lately (not cool, face!) and I've been trying numerous products over the last few months with not much success. I've had some small improvements but then it all comes back.  I finally decided to just go to the Dr. already, since my wedding is also in November and I don't have time to mess around with this stuff anymore!The double-whammy of benzoyl peroxide in the Proactiv cleanser and lotion is too harsh for most people, so I would not recommend continuing that regimen.Go see a Dr. or dermatologist! I honestly don't know if there's any thing OTC that can make cystic acne go away. It's nasty stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So I went to a dermatologist over the summer and he gave me a topical medicine called Epiduo. It was doing great great great! And then bam! this month I am breaking out like crazy, little zits, big cysts. I realized I wasn't taking my vitamins like usual so i'm back taking the prenatals. (not for baby making, but for a multi-vitamin. Best for women my age) Hopefully it works. Over the last couple days the cysts have gone down. But can alcohol also make you break out more? cuz i've been drinking more now back at college than I did over the summer. I'm starting to freak out cuz my wedding is next month now. Hope it goes down too. OP, go to a dermatologist. They are the only thing that can help u now so close to the wedding. I am also making an appointment close to the wedding so that if I have an big acne problems before the wedding, they can give me shots in the cysts so they go away fast...
  • I would splurge on a facial.I did this last week, when my skin did the same thing (im 16 days out from my wedding).I think it helped. She was able to extract some stuff and did a light peel to get all the clogged dead skin off.
  • Drink a lot of water. Calm down. Relax. Go to the dermatologist. Don't buy anymore OTC products before you see a dermatologist. You may have judged your skin type all wrong and are only worsening the problem with all the products your using.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio 6.15.10
  • If you have a large acne cyst GO TO A DERMO right away for a cortizone shot into it.  It will be gone in 3 days... if you wait it could take up to a month to completely go away!I have my skin mostly under control now but when I am really stressed I usually get a cyst and I run to the dermo get it shot and am good to go!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • I would NOT recommend a facial this close to your wedding.  They do not agree with some people's skin and could possibly make it much worse.  Definitely see the derm.
  • Same thing just happened to me.  I have really sensitive skin too.  I went to the Body Shop and they suggested Tea Tree Oil products.  It's made the healing process much quicker and I haven't broken out anymore.  Benzoil Peroxide is way too strong for me.  And the stuff that I used to have perscribed takes about a month to work.  Cortizone shots from the dermatologist will help too.  Luckily the tea tree oil worked for me.
  • if you have the acne around the mouth and chin area then stress is causing the breakouts its hard to control, you need to make sure you getting a ton of sleep, do not drink any alcohol. Is your skin senstive? do you have blackheads? Is your skin oily?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards