Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Jewelry rant! (kinda long)

Grrr! My mom offered some of her jewelry for me to wear on W-day. We were both stoked- happy to have found the jewelry. Yesterday, some evil person broke in to my mom's house. They stole tvs, computers, a fake gun, and ALL of her jewelry! Including her wedding bands, sentimental stuff my dad got her, "my" wedding jewelry.... There was a pouch with some of my dad's ashes in one of the boxes! They took that! My dead father's ashes! Well now Mom is worried that I'm upset about the wedding day jewelry- but I'm not!! I want my dad's ashes and everything that had true meaning to my mom back! GRRR! I don't understand some people!! My fiance and I are going pawn shop hopping today- hopefully they took some of her jewelry there. Sad Face!
~~~~~Jenn and Jason~~~~~ Anniversary

Re: Jewelry rant! (kinda long)

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear your story.  I've been dealing with getting my jewelry back from a break-in two years ago.  All of my "stuff" that the police recovered is in the evidence vault and I'm having to fight the burglar's attorneys to get it back in time to wear my grandmother's jewelry for my wedding.   It amazes me how people can be so cruel and take such meaningful objects (like your dad's ashes - I can't even imagine!) from someone's home.  What gives them the right?!  I know it's sort of cliche, but at least you and your mom were'nt home and weren't harmed - someone was actually killed by my burglars as they fled from the police (they ran headfirst into an SUV with a family in it and killed the grandmother who was driving).  As much as I want my things back, that family will never have their grandmother back.  I hope that you find your things and that you and your mom can move on from this horrible experience.
  • Options
    I am soooo sorry! I hope that they can find the person/people who broke in and recover everything you lost. Especially your dad's ashes, that is so ridiculous! Atleast YOU have the right mindset in all of this and know what the important things are!! GL, my thoughts are with you!!
  • Options
    I was really sad to read this.... i'm sorry you have to go rough this, and of course you are allowed to rant about it. I hope you find some of your stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards