Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush vs regular makeup

Anyone know the difference between airbrush and regular makeup? What do you all recommend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Airbrush vs regular makeup

• Regular make up is regular make up that you wear everyday.

I had airbrushing done for my wedding. And personally, I was a huge fan. I looked the same at 2am as i did when I left the make up chair.

The only make up that is "air brushed" on is your foundation and concealer. If it is done right, is should feel just like regular make up. If it is done wrong it will feel cake like and heavy. Air brushing should stay on for 16+ hours and can be sweat/ water proof depending on the brand. The rest of your make up, like eye shadow is applied regularly.

I would strongly suggest doing a trail either way. I had one make up artist try to convince me that regualr make up would photograph and stay on as well as airbrushing. It doesnt. Air brushed make up was created to be photographed up close. This same MUA also tried to put hair spray on my face to get the make up to "stay." gross.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emeejeeayenemeejeeayen member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_airbrush-vs-regular-makeup-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:105a9427-b747-4b16-aa79-6e1d06ab5deaPost:c99926d0-d484-4062-9f67-dab5f81dadba">Re: Airbrush vs regular makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Regular make up is regular make up that you wear everyday. I had airbrushing done for my wedding. And personally, I was a huge fan. I looked the same at 2am as i did when I left the make up chair.  The only make up that is "air brushed" on is your foundation and concealer. If it is done right, is should feel just like regular make up. If it is done wrong it will feel cake like and heavy. Air brushing should stay on for 16+ hours and can be sweat/ water proof depending on the brand. The rest of your make up, like eye shadow is applied regularly. I would strongly suggest doing a trail either way. I had one make up artist try to convince me that regualr make up would photograph and stay on as well as airbrushing. It doesnt. Air brushed make up was created to be photographed up close. This same MUA also tried to put hair spray on my face to get the make up to "stay." gross.
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

I second this.

<div>I had someone do horrible airbrushing on me. I looked orange. It was at work (long story), and so I went to the bathroom to try to wash it off. I had orange racoon eyes until I could go home and use actual eye makeup remover. That's how well it stays on.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've seen it done  well, and it's great. But seriously, find a good person to do it or you will regret your orange face (that you'll have a hard time removing).</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • The key to good airbrushing is an experienced technician. When done correctly, it provides great coverage while still feeling light, lasts all night and photographs beautifully. I always recommend a trial beforehand.
  • Go for a trial. I went for an airbrushing trial and hated it. I felt like a porcelain doll.  I wore Smashbox for my wedding and it stayed perfect for 18 hours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am doing the airbrushing for my wedding.
    I wear MakeUp Forever normally so I am used to makeup. But I don't want to take the chance of doing my own makeup for the big day. I had my trial and it was ok. I will be more picky on my wedding day and just really let the girl know what I want to be used.
  • edited February 2013
    I had an airbrush trial and decided to go with traditional liquid. If you have any kind of scars or textural issues, breakouts etc that you are trying to hide, I would go more traditional.  I have a hormonal disorder so my skin is not the greatest and goes through bad stages, and I felt the airbrush did nothing to conceal problem areas.  Also, if you have oily skin, I would go with traditional liquid foundation instead of airbrush that is meant for oily skin.  I found the airbrush was ok, but you couldnt really layer on concealer etc in areas that you needed to and the airbrush was not good enough.  Also, I felt my skin was shiny real fast with airbrush.  I went out and tried different liquid foundations until I was comfortable with one that I am going to have my MUA put on me that day.  However, if you have near normal skin with very little issues/oiliness, then you will probably love airbrush! Good luck!
  • I had airbrushing done and could go on and on about how happy i was. i had never had it done before, the gal at the spa we went too said most brides do airbrush so i was like well ok then ill do it too. I was so happy with it that I am going to be the airbrush machine to do it at home!
  • I did a trial with an Airbrush MUA and wasn't happy with the results, for pretty much the same reasons as KristenMarie, it just didn't give the coverage that I wanted. It could have been the MUA specifically, but after that experience I did a trial with another MUA who used liquid foundation and I absolutely loved what she did and it lasted all day so I'm using her instead.

You'll want to consider your makeup coverage preferences and your budget; in my area it seemed that airbrush was quite a bit more $$. And I definitely recommended doing a trial or 2.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards