Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Tattoo Cover Up, HELP!!!

Hey brides and brides to be... I need some help. I'm getting married in April and I have a tattoo (tribal band) on my upper right arm. I DON'T want it showing in my wedding pictures because they are something I will cherish for life. Does anyone know how I can cover it for my special day!??? Please help me. Thanks.....

I can't afford tattoo removal or getting another tattoo to cover it. :( I just really want it covered for my wedding.

Re: Tattoo Cover Up, HELP!!!

• The issue with trying to cover up a tattoo with heavy duty concealers is that there is still going to be some that shows through.  Especially with a tribal band where it's mostly black.  Black is very very hard to conceal.  There are a lot of tattoo concealers out there... Dermablend's Cover Creme (NOT the body makeup!) is pretty good, but like I said... you're still going to be able to see through some of it.

I had a friend ask me to help her with her tattoo once.  It covered her whole back, and her father didn't know she had a tattoo.  It looked pretty good, but you could still see it a little bit.  She also had a veil to cover it, so once the veil was on, you couldn't see it. 

You're not going to be able to completely cover it.  It's not going to become invisible.  If you're okay with that... then I say go ahead and go with the concealers.  Otherwise, I'd think of some kind of shrug/shawl to wear for pictures.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Man just edit it out of the photos, but seriously, why did you even get it in the first place? XD
  • I have a tattoo on the back of my shoulder, a colorful sun tattoo that's about 4 inches in diameter. I am wearing a strapless dress and don't want it to show, at least for the church ceremony. In March when I go for my trial make-up run, I'm going to get it airbrushed. I know the risks of it rubbing off on people, but I'm not too bothered about it to be honest. If the level of coverage isn't to my satisfaction, I plan to get a shrug made to cover it up, which I'll take off for the ceremony. I'd recommend trying airbrush because I've heard this is the best option.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know wher eyou are located but in Canada we have a line called Cover FX. It is fabuous, I work as a makeup artist and have used this many times to cover up tattoos for weddings! It's aindustrial strength concealer basically. Google it and see if it is available anywhere where you live!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards