Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Shampoo/conditioner recommendation

Over the past 6 months or so, I've been in search of a new shampoo and conditioner.  I've tried several different brands and nothing seems to help.  I have very thin, damaged hair.  I've been using Macadamia Oil products to help with the damage and I've seen improvement.  However, that doesn't help the fact that my hair is still very thin.  If anyone has similar hair, I would love to hear what you use!
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shampoo/conditioner recommendation

• Bumble & Bumble is a good brand. I know they sell at Sephora, I am not sure where else it is sold.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I also have thin damaged hair and while I am still using my regular TIGI shampoo/conditioner, I have begun using the It's a 10 miracle spray and hair mask and have seen good results.  This line also has shampoo and conditioner which I may also switch to in the future.
  • Thanks ladies!

stephiehall, which TIGI shampoo/conditioner do you use?  I actually looked into It's a 10 as well, but ended up going with the Macadamia Oil instead.  I don't remember why I chose the Macadamia Oil treatment instead, but I do really like it.  When I run out, I may try It's a 10 just to compare. 
  • I use the Redken smooth down line. The shampoo+conditioner+deep conditioning masque (every other time I wash my hair) makes my hair feel like silk. Granted I do not have fine/thin hair (very thick), but it is dry and damaged from coloring, so idk if I'm any help. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_shampooconditioner-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:13a5d0b2-1e47-4f75-a915-e1b668ab5a5cPost:bbbe90b7-5b71-489b-b751-fd44975fd6a3">Re: Shampoo/conditioner recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! stephiehall, which TIGI shampoo/conditioner do you use?  I actually looked into It's a 10 as well, but ended up going with the Macadamia Oil instead.  I don't remember why I chose the Macadamia Oil treatment instead, but I do really like it.  When I run out, I may try It's a 10 just to compare. 
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

I usually just buy whatever is on sale when I go get my hair done but I usually use the Fashionista (in the purple bottle) since it's for color-treated hair. 
  • I have fine hair also, but it's curly and not damaged. So, I don't know if what I use would be best for you. I use the Ouidad system and occasionally change it up with WEN. I like them both, but it's easier to purchase Ouidad since they sell it at Sephora/Ulta.
  • edited February 2012
    I have fine, limp hair and I have a horrid time buying shampoo. I switched to Suave Naturals with shea/cocoa (not sure which...) extract it. It smells yummy and it makes my hair soft and bouncy. I have tried expensive brands and frankly, I like this better. Plus, it's not even $2 a bottle. Win!

My MOH (cousin) is a hair stylist and always complains how nice my hair is and how sucky hers is. She doesn't belive me that I only use Suave! Lol.

ETA: The rosemary one SUCKS!!!! Don't ever use it.  FI bought it one day because he liked the way it smelled (and he bought a HUGE bottle) but it stripped my hair like crazy. I avoid clear shampoos like the plague.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012

I have really long hair that I have to protect from breakage a lot. I have found that Tressume is amazing and super cheap. I also use Keratin Complex brand, which is pretty good stuff. You can get it at Beauty Mart.

Photobucket
  • Thanks ladies!  I appreciate all the great feedback!
  • I used to use Tresseme...but then my hair started falling out like crazy! I would shed like crazy...cleaning my brush twice a week. 

I switched to Garnier and they have a "length and strength" line that I love.  My hair is thin and very damaged from coloring it.  Since I have started using it, my hair breaks less, less split ends and it seems to be getting thicker.
  • I second Britoz...I use Suave Naturals, the Almond one.

I have tried more expensive ones but this has been the best and cheapest, I actually use all the Suave hair products and I love them!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards