Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair Length

My hair is pretty long now, about to my elbow, I want to cut it for the New Year, and I know for the wedding I want an up do.  My question is is it easy to do an updo with longer or shorter hair?  Like, if I cut it to my collarbone and let it grow out until September would that be ok, or do  you think I should only trim it until after the wedding?

image213 Invited
image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair Length

• I think it would grow back by then. My dtr has hair to her shoulders and has had up-dos for proms. A good hair stylist could do up-dos with any length!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I think short and long have pros and cons for up dos. Collar bone would be fine I believe. It's long enough to put up and style but when my hair is super long it takes so many more manipulations and hair pins to get it to set right and not droop.

• edited December 2011
    I think that would be fine.  I cut my hair to my collarbone in August of last year (about 2 weeks before my FI proposed), and our wedding is in April (so roughly the same timeline your talking about).  Currently my hair is about 2 inches or so past my shoulders, and I think I should gain about an inch and a half between now and the wedding.  Currently there's already plenty of hair for an updo (my hair is thick and wavy and grows fast, if that info helps).

Does that help?  :)  I definitely think you'd have enough time to grow it before the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited January 2012
    I had hair almost to my butt, and I know I want a low, messy updo. I experimented with it and found that there was actually way too much hair. So I cut it to about my shoulder blade area and it's so much more managable while also allowing enough hair. So cut just a few inches off and then trim to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards