Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Tattoo cover up - anyone try Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer?

So I had (kinda still have) angel wings on my back.  I have gotten them 75% removed but they will still be partially visible for my wedding (long story).  I need a good concealer - one that won't wipe off when people are hugging me or if I'm sweaty.

Has anyone tried Kat Von D's product?  Any other recommendations?

TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tattoo cover up - anyone try Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer?

• @pooh-Dermablend is tricky to work with.  You have to pack it on.  If you apply it like a regular foundation, it isn't going to cover a darn thing.  It took me a while to figure out how to use it, but once you get the hang of it... it does cover pretty well.  The trick is to pack the coverup on the center of the tattoo and blend it very well on the outsides.  if you try to blend the whole thing, it isn't going to do much of anything.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • yea, I did. I know how to apply makeup. still didn't like it.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • didn't mean to offend you...
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • kmabjokmabjo member
    First Comment
    Kat Von D's is awful. I stumbled upon it in sephora. I have no intent to cover my tattoos but I wanted to see if it works. It does not.

It may work better since you said your wings were removed. I have a balck dragon my my back and it did not cover up anything. I can see it rubbing off on clothes.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is a tattoo I covered with Kat Von D Tattoo Concealor.  I specialize in Wedding Hair and Makeup and offer tattoo cover with airbrush or manual concealor and for this particular bride, the manual coverage looked more natural than the airbrush (rare but happens). 

If you are doing it yourself I think you will love the product and I suggest setting it with MAC Blot Powder and it should stay really well all day and night!

Good Luck!

Kara
    More photos of tattoo covering at http://bit.ly/csHwaF
    http://www.FabulousFacesStudio.com
  • Dang, touchy :) Thanks for the info, Recoveringactor...good to know the specific way to apply it too, because obviously this isn't normal makeup. I have been researching for a while on a really good tat cover-up. I love my shoulder tattoo, but on that day I don't want to be rockin it. I think I'm going to try Dermablend, and then maybe Ben Nye too, if that doesn't work out. I've heard good things about that one. Although, I've heard that stage make-up might cause breakouts if it's on all day like that, since it's so much heavier.

Has anyone tried tattoo camo?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards