Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Need suggestions for mani/pedi colors when dress and reception dress differ

My gown is ivory, but photographs white. My reception dress is a cocktail dress with a pale cafel lait color underlay with an overlay of clear, white, and ivory crystals.
I am not sure what mani and pedi colors would look best with both dresses, and I do not want a french manicure as I am very non-traditional and don't want to look like everyone else.
Thanks for ny help.

Re: Need suggestions for mani/pedi colors when dress and reception dress differ

• Options
    Just go with a neutral color or maybe pink.  Or do a color you really like...
  • Options
    This is not something that needs to be worried about or overly considered.  Seriously.  You've brought the term "Over-thinking" to a whole new level.
  • Options
    Thanks, but your picture doesn't reflect the fact that you would have that attitude. I am 46 and this is my 25th wedding anniversary. I guess we made it because we both know how to give a kind answer.
  • Options
    My comment was to AmoroAgain. Thanks for the other tips ladies. I do think the nail color matters and that pink and red would really clash with my 2nd gown, but thanks for the input. Very sweet of you. Anything would look great with ivory. The 2nd one is the clincher. So I will probably do a goldish cream color.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_need-suggestions-manipedi-colors-dress-reception-dress-differ?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:24214c24-43ef-4c7f-99a5-37e1c3644d34Post:df53666e-5377-4c3d-9ac7-e2a9510b048d">Re: Need suggestions for mani/pedi colors when dress and reception dress differ</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Thanks, but your picture doesn't reflect the fact that you would have that attitude.</strong> I am 46 and this is my 25th wedding anniversary. I guess we made it because we both know how to give a kind answer.
    Posted by twinmommy46[/QUOTE]
    What does that even mean?

and honestly, your second dress sounds like its a light mocha color? I don't see how pink or red could clash with that.
    What about a nice plum color? Really, I think any color would look fine. You're over thinking.
  • Options

I thought considering the fact that her wedding is in 2014, and her picture is of her in a dress, that it was the pot calling the kettle black. With age comes a lot of wisdom dear, and a kind answer is always best.  As for my 2nd dress, even my stylist is in a quandry over my nails due to the difference in the two colors, soooooo forgive me for looking elsewhere.

• Options
    Um, her wedding was a couple months ago, hence the reason she is in the dress.
    She probably had to change the date on her bio so it didn't kick her over to the nest.
    With age does not always come wisdom. I've met a lot of stupid older people.

Seriously, what color is this second dress?
  • Options
    Gosh, it is hard to describe. The under layer is a very pale mocha brown, but it has an overlay covered in different crystals both clear, white, and ivory. Anyway, I am just going with champagne color or some kind of french mani. I am just not a traditional kind of lady, hence not wanting the french, but I can assure you that red nails would look terrible on me anyway, as much as I love them on other people. They wouldn't look good with this dress either. 
     This just means a lot to me because I was just 21 and from a small Southern Baptist family. We didn't get to have the wedding of our dreams, and now we can.
    You are right, stupid comes in all ages. I just would have appreciated a little more kindness. The ladies at makeupalley.com's nail forum were wonderful to me.
    Okay, case closed.
  • Options
    Mmk, I stil ldon't see how a color would clash with that as it  sounds like its a neutral. What about a deep plum? Or a nice grey ish color? Or lavender?
  • Options
    I did change my date because I kept getting kicked over to thenest, and I didn't want to be there.

As for the age/wisdom thing, that's a crock.  If you had so much wisdom, you would not be worrying about freaking nail color.  It's NAIL COLOR.  Who cares? 
  • Options
    Also, I really don't respond well to PM finger-wagging messages telling me I'm wrong.  That was way bitchier than the situation called for.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your weddiing. I should have minded my own business and just let what I thought was a rude remark slide. I am new to theknot and did not know you have to change your date, so of course I was thinking that someone who was planning a wedding 4 years in advance and already had her dress, had a lot of nerve telling me I was overthinking fingernail polish. Actually, I agree with you. It is just fingernail polish and a day, a week, a year, or 25 years later no one will remember it, no one will care, I won't even remember it.
    But...... this is my special day on which I will renew my vows with the love of my life after 25 years of ups and downs, winning, losing, praying, hoping.
    Yes, it is just fingernail polish, but I can still want everything to be just right for our special day, and I am not worrying about it; just wanting some kind and genuine advice.
    As for my advice to you: A kind answer will save you a world of heartache in your marriage.  That part I won't take back. Also another tip froms someone a little older and I think wiser. Never call another woman a bitch or bitchy. It just gives men the idea they can do it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_need-suggestions-manipedi-colors-dress-reception-dress-differ?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:24214c24-43ef-4c7f-99a5-37e1c3644d34Post:f34b6193-6507-4ba3-b4ca-cdabdb915243">Re: Need suggestions for mani/pedi colors when dress and reception dress differ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on your weddiing. I should have minded my own business and just let what I thought was a rude remark slide. I am new to theknot and did not know you have to change your date, so of course I was thinking that someone who was planning a wedding 4 years in advance and already had her dress, had a lot of nerve telling me I was overthinking fingernail polish. Actually, I agree with you. It is just fingernail polish and a day, a week, a year, or 25 years later no one will remember it, no one will care, I won't even remember it. But...... this is my special day on which I will renew my vows with the love of my life after 25 years of ups and downs, winning, losing, praying, hoping. Yes, it is just fingernail polish, but I can still want everything to be just right for our special day, and I am not worrying about it; just wanting some kind and genuine advice. As for my advice to you: A kind answer will save you a world of heartache in your marriage.  That part I won't take back. Also another tip froms someone a little older and I think wiser. Never call another woman a bitch or bitchy. It just gives men the idea they can do it.

Excuse me, but I am a thirty year old woman, who's done just fine on finding her husband and having a great relationship.  How DARE you judge my relationship with zero knowledge of what we're like?  I have a sarcastic streak, and my husband knows it.  He loves it and laughs.  We've lived together through more than people who've been married for 25 years, so take your self-righteous  "My marriage is wonderful" advice-giving and shove it right up your ass.  You have NO idea what we've been through to get to where we are, and here you are, presuming to believe that YOU know better than I what my dynamic with my husband should be.  Of all the pompous, know-it-all, stuck up tripe I've heard in my life, this certainly ranks number one. 

By the way, use of the phrase, "my special day" makes me want to barf all over.  You are not a young bride, stop acting like it.  If you were more focused on your vow renewal after 25 years, you wouldn't be so caught up on NAIL POLISH. You need to wake up lady, and take your sanctimonious comments elsewhere.  Perhaps to your husband who's apparently spent 25 years listening to you preach about how perfect you are.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_need-suggestions-manipedi-colors-dress-reception-dress-differ?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:24214c24-43ef-4c7f-99a5-37e1c3644d34Post:f34b6193-6507-4ba3-b4ca-cdabdb915243">Re: Need suggestions for mani/pedi colors when dress and reception dress differ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on your weddiing. I should have minded my own business and just let what I thought was a rude remark slide. I am new to theknot and did not know you have to change your date, so of course I was thinking that someone who was planning a wedding 4 years in advance and already had her dress, had a lot of nerve telling me I was overthinking fingernail polish. Actually, I agree with you. It is just fingernail polish and a day, a week, a year, or 25 years later no one will remember it, no one will care, I won't even remember it. But...... this is my special day on which I will renew my vows with the love of my life after 25 years of ups and downs, winning, losing, praying, hoping. Yes, it is just fingernail polish, but I can still want everything to be just right for our special day, and I am not worrying about it; just wanting some kind and genuine advice. As for my advice to you: A kind answer will save you a world of heartache in your marriage.  That part I won't take back. Also another tip froms someone a little older and I think wiser. <strong>Never call another woman a bitch or bitchy.</strong> It just gives men the idea they can do it.

And yet, you did, right over on Snarky Brides. Lord have mercy at the hypocrisy!!!!!
  • Options
    Um...if the nail polish color is going to be this big of a deal...why don't you go with a nice CLEAR polish?  Problem solved.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This chick is hilarious. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I think the OP has been given plenty of advice and am closing this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards