Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Bride with glasses

I wear glasses everyday and I like the way I look in them. Anyone have any beauty tips/advice for a bride who will be wearing glasses during the ceremony, for the pictures and at the reception?

Thanks

Re: Bride with glasses

• One suggestion I would make is to get your lens coated in that stuff that makes it non-reflective if it's not already. That way you won't have to worry about the flashes from the camera. Your photographer should know how to take pictures without them causing problems, too.

And just make sure to have pretty eye makeup on!
  • I am glad to hear there are other brides wearing glasses. I was getting nervous because 99.9% of bridal pics don't have glasses.  I have never worn contacts and thought I would start for the wedding. But my groom loves me in my glasses. And everyone says that I should be me on my day just enhanced. So I am wearing my new glasses with the non-reflective coating and can't wait.  Good luck with your wedding day and rock on with your glasses on.
  • i'm in the same boat as you. i have thick lenses even with the ultrathin process done. i'm getting new frames that are smaller and fit closer to my face, since my current glasses tend to cut my eyes in half in photos. i had a makeup trial last weekend and i told the MUA that i wanted to bring out my eyes, and she recommended earing false eyelashes. i was a little nervous and i actualy stopped her in the middle of putting them on, but when i saw the photos we took i realized it definitely would help, especially in far-away pics.

the other thing we have to worry about is jewelry, since glasses can conflict with some jewelry. so i'm trying not to wear too much of it!
  • I'm wearing glasses too! I like the way I look in them a lot more than without. Plus then I won't have to worrying about carrying contact solution on me (my eyes get dried out and irritated really easily with them in).

I will probably play up my lashes (maybe some idividual falsies) and my lash line with liner, but leave the rest of my eye bare. I'll wear a little bit more blush than normal and a light lipstick. I can't wear earrings because of my sensitive skin, so just a necklace and rings for jewelry. Those won't conflict with the glasses.
  • I am so glad others are wearing glasses....

I'm going easy on the makeup as well...and jewelry will be pearl stud earrings only.  I have a halter top dress so a necklace is unneccesary, especially with glasses....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards