Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Budgeting time for hair & makeup at wedding

Hi Ladies,

So, I have hired a salon to do our hair and makeup at the bed & breakfast we'll be staying at before the wedding.  I have 7 people total (including the Moms) that will need their hair done and 5 people getting their makeup done.  There will only be 1 stylist and 1 makeup artist.  How long do you think it will take to get hair done for 7 people (both the Moms have pixie cut hair) and the makeup for 5 of us? 

Thanks for your help!

Re: Budgeting time for hair & makeup at wedding

• It usually depends on the length of hair and what each person wants done. But just to be safe I would figure at least 1/2 hour for each person. If someone has long hair I would say about 45 minutes. Make up takes a shorter amount of time to apply probably about 10-15 minutes but I'm sure while one person is getting their hair done another can be getting their make up done ect.
  • Just to clarify- all 4 bridesmaids will be doing half up half down do's so I don't know if that would take a shorter amount of time.
  • To be safe, I would probably budget 45 minutes per person for hair and makeup.
  • I'd budget a hell of a lot more than 45 minutes for BOTH hair and makeup. good hair would probably take 45 minutes by itself. makeup, probably a half hour for formal makeup.

I'm sending thoughts and prayers for your hair and makeup people. they're going to be pooped.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards