Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Dark Marks

I want to get rid of my dark spots from acne, and the age spots i'm acquiring at the rip age of 31.  I've been using the ProActive dark spot correcter stuff, i think it works a little on the acne spots, but not the age spots. Is there any treatment like Lazer that could get these spots off my face? Any medical or Spa type treatment you may know of? THanks for any info people have

Re: Dark Marks

• My mom has done both of these and they worked for her.

When Apple Cider Vinegar is mixed with onion juice and applied directly to the skin, it can help you to get rid of age spots and sun spots.

Finely chop or blend an onion, and use a strainer or cheese cloth to squeeze and extract the juice.

Take one part of Apple Cider Vinegar and one part of onion juice and mix them together.

Dab a cotton pad into the solution and apply it directly onto the age spots.

Leave this on the skin for a minimum of 30 minutes, and as long as you are comfortable with it. Repeat this once a day for approximately 6 weeks and you should begin to notice a gradual improvement. If the spots have not completely disappeared after the 6 weeks but they have started to fade, keep repeating the process until they do.

To speed up the process, you can mix 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar into a mug full of water (hot or cold), and drink this twice daily for a month. This will not only improve your age spots, but it will also give you a healthy young glow and make you feel energized and active. If you find the taste of the vineger to be too strong, try adding a tablespoon of honey as a natural sweetener.

Aloe Vera juice or gel has long been known as a general healing agent for skin problems, particularly burns. Many people have also found it to be helpful in reducing the visual appearance of age spots. Simply rub the juice or gel directly onto the affected areas twice a day, and leave it on the skin for at least 45 minutes each time. Within a month you should begin to notice improvements.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/age_spots_home_remedy.php
  • Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. Reduces dark marks caused by sun exposure and acne scaring by 53% in 12 weeks! But don't buy it from a drug store! Actually go to a counter!
  • I half expected this to be about Harry Potter...
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_dark-marks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:2cccb043-deb7-4b03-9dc4-cfea11646ee4Post:cb5d6916-6706-4a94-ac96-fc4ab40d8469">Re: Dark Marks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I half expected this to be about Harry Potter...
    Posted by RWolff[/QUOTE]

Me too...
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Should I make sure I get a long sleeved dress to cover the mark?  But then again, all my Death Eater buddies will be there, the Dark Lord is officiating, so why bother?

I would see a dermatologist.  They can prescribe treatment, including microdermabrasion, which should fade the marks.  It's more expensive but I think you'll get better results.

• Funny you should post this!  I just got a microderm treatment today.  It is a series of three.  I am hoping that it will minimize the dark spots that I have from being out in the sun during my 20's.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards