Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

MUF HD and Sheisedo powder

Hi Everyone,

I've gone for a couple of makeup consultations at Sephora and MAC.  I really like the look of Makeup Forever HD foundation, but wasn't sure if it photographed well.  I have very fair skin if that makes a difference.
Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a good finishing powder?  I have Sheisedo Translucent Loose powder, which is supposed to be good - but I felt it looked a little obvious on me?

Re: MUF HD and Sheisedo powder

• If you click on the link in my signature, you will see my wedding pictures, and I wore MUF HD Foundation, along with the HD Finishing Powder. I thought it was great for pictures and in person.
  • I bought the MUF HD foundation (and I'm a little on the pale side) and its THE most amazing foundation I have ever put on. It comes highly recommended by everyone I've asked and seems to photgraph well. I don't know too much about your finishing powder, but I'm using UD's Razor Sharp Finishing Powder along with the All Nighter Setting Spray. That ish does not move. I did my own trial and wore it ll day and night and it still looked perfect by night time. 

WHat I would recommend is trying it on and then photographing it and see how the powder looks with a camera/flash. Try with the flash and in natural light. That's what I did and settled on the products I'm using. =)
  • Great -  thanks for the suggestions!  I think I will do a mini-makeup trial on my own and have some flash pics taken to see how it looks.  (Love the bridal pictures by the way - they are beautiful!)
  • We use Makeup Forever HD foundation and HD setting powder (the white one) on Films and Television... so the answer is yes, it photographs beautifully. 

Sheisdo also has a high quality powder. If you think it looks "obvious" make sure you're using a translucent powder, not a colored powder. If your powder is reading on camera (i.e. you can see it) then you're either using a colored powder or you're leaving too much excess. Use a fluffy brush and dust it over your face. There should be no residue for the flash to pick up.

Powder is meant to set liquid or creme makeup so that it doesn't move. You can also use a primer underneath your makeup first, that will help with longevity. Setting mists or sprays are also a nice option as well. 

Also, the MAC Blot Powders (they come in compact form) are great for mid day touch ups. This powder lifts oil/moisture and removes shine without depositing more product. Too much powder throughout the day starts to cake, which is why we use this to maintain.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards