Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Show me your DIY makeup!

13»

Re: Show me your DIY makeup!

• I will be doing my own make up for my wedding (I am a make up artist) and I would highly recommend for any bride wanting to do their own to get foundation primer as well as eye and lip primer prior to applying any makeup. Also as far as what to get for makeup I would recomment a matte finish as far as eyes and foundation go if they are seeking a photo finish look. There are very few brands that I trust and my top rated ones are Motives, MAC, Tarte and Too Faced. But one thing I must empasize is to start a skin care regimen before make up and be consistent with it... 
  •  theres a lovely little blog post that i came across for any older brides. had some useful tips. i found it helpful for my mum when it came to her make up as she was rather nervous about getting it done proffessionally. we ended up doing her make up together and she looked lovely. ill upload a picture for you all when i find out how to do it!

http://herefordbridalbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/mature-brides-diy-make-up-tips.html
  • Here is an amazing tutorial that I used to do my wedding makeup! I belive she linked all of the products in the description! 
  • I had a friend do my makeup for my engagement party and i hated it. She made it way to dark and i did not look like myself. She was very proud of her work and i felt bad telling her i hated it. So i sucked it up and kept it. Of course no one said anything about my make up but the pictures are certainly not my favorite. My advice would be to have a professional do your makeup so if you end up hating it you can tell me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards