Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

XP: Okay all you Bare Minerals users!

I am running out of my Prime Time and the Mineral Veil. Are both essential, or can I get away without one? One of the Sephora gals gave me a sample of Nars Primer, so I will give that a shot, but I'm certain it's pricey. 
"The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: XP: Okay all you Bare Minerals users!

• I don't actually use the Mineral Veil, but I do love Prime Time! I've tried other primers... not as successful, so hopefully this one works out for you.
    Anniversary
  • I agree with pp.  I only use prime time!  I have tried the one for oily skin but didn't like that one and returned it and exchanged it for the regular one.  If you don't have the prime time for eye-make up I swear by that as well! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow, i've never used prime time! i'll have to go get some!

i used to use mineral veil, and once mine ran out, i haven't replaced it- mostly because it was summer, but i do need to get some now.

does anyone else's foundation brush bristles break?? i guess i put my powder on too "rough" because my brushes look awful after about 6 months..
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my blush brush bristles are pretty mangled but my foundation one is still okay.  But I dont wear it everyday so thats prob why.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sunny-are you washing your brushes?  You should wash them at least once every 2 weeks with brush shampoo.  Especially with a makeup like Bare Minerals.

I say you can use one or the other.  If you have an issue with your makeup staying put, or your skin not retaining moisture... then go with Prime Time.  If you are just a bit oily but mostly your makeup stays put during the day, use Mineral Veil. 

Also--be careful with the Nars primer.  Because Bare Minerals is a mineral product... not all primers are compatible with it.  If your makeup starts to pill on your skin, switch back to PT.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • my goodness i hate prime time by bm just on my hand it pills up (without anything on it). Make sure to use a cream based primer with the bm not a silicone based product. Go back to sephora and ask the sales lady to make you a tester of Koress primer, i personally like it much better.

both primer and mineral veil are products to keep the makeup on longer so if you find one works just fine do away with the other.
  • Thanks girls!
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards