Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

What's the best brand for a "stay-on" lipstick?

Hello!  I was wondering if any of you girls can tell me which brand of lipstick is the best for my wedding day.  I was thinking a "stay-on" lipstick so when I kiss my fiancee for the first time as husband and wife I dont want to him to have my lipstick on his lips.  Thanks!!!

Re: What's the best brand for a "stay-on" lipstick?

• kari133kari133 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  I was wondering if any of you girls can tell me which brand of lipstick is the best for my wedding day.  I was thinking a "stay-on" lipstick so when I kiss my fiancee for the first time as husband and wife I dont want to him to have my lipstick on his lips.  Thanks!!!
  • I used Arbonne lip polish. I tried a Covergirl lip stain and the shade was not at all like the packaging said it was and my lips looked bloody so I wouldn't recommend Covergirl
  • L'Oreal Infalllible lip color in the little compact thing.. one is color, the other is a conditioning balm. Stays on forever!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like L'oreal Le Infallible Rouge.  I think the staying power is pretty good and have noticed it doesn't seem to transfer.  MAC matte lipsticks don't transfer.  I remember wearing Ruby Woo and it didn't transfer at all.   
  • I'm currently on a research mission to discover this! I've purchased a bunch of different brands and am slowly testing them out when I go to different occasions. When I'm done with all of them I will have to post something here as to my discoveries, but this is my biggest makeup issue for the day-of as well because I want to wear a deep red lipstick and do NOT want it all over FI.
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use the two faced lip primer and a lancome lip pencil instead of lipstick.

Then I brush balm over that with a lip brush.

Stays GREAT and no bleeding or transfer to my drinking glass.
  • Whichever lipstick you choose, definitely use lipliner to prevent the bleeding & use a lip primer over the liner to lock your color on. That's what I use under my regular lipstick (not a "stay-on" lipstick) and it stays on for at least 6 hours even after eating & drinking. So, imagine how long it would stay if it was under a lipstick designed with staying power!
  • I'm also on a search for this, too.  I buy a few, put them on, kiss FI, if he grumbles that it's "sticky, or he can feel it" i return it.  Right now my preference is Sephora brand lip stain.  I line my lips with a liner then fill it in, let that sit for a few minutes, then put the lip stain over it.  No lip gloss, because the gloss lifts it right up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_whats-brand-stay-lipstick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:62fe1e05-869c-4b2c-bc5b-63af97905ba5Post:bf69a9de-69de-4b70-ab3f-503c4745d4f8">Re: What's the best brand for a "stay-on" lipstick?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Arbonne lip polish. I tried a Covergirl lip stain and the shade was not at all like the packaging said it was and my lips looked bloody so I wouldn't recommend Covergirl
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]
    I was going to suggest the lip stain, but I guess not.  Sorry I'm not much help, maybe try out that compact lipstick/lip balm combo PP suggested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards