Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Tips for my first mani/pedi ever?

Hi! As weird as it may sound for some people, I've never gotten my nails or toenails done. I absolutely hate them, and I'm embarrassed to display them in front of anyone, so I just hide my hands. However, for the wedding I'd like to have them done since (trust me, this is petrifying for me) I guess many people will want to stare at my hand!
I have ultrawide nails that "grow white" before they are beyond the tip of my finger, so it always looks like I bite them. My toenails are the worst, though. They are 1/10 of an inch long (seriously) and extra wide. I'm wearing peeptoes, so hopefully only the big toe will be visible and that one is not that bad.
I'm not planning on wearing fake nails since I'm wholeheartedly following the advice of not trying anything new the day of and not doing something you don't usually do, since I want to feel comfortable. But! I'm willing to have them done. Maybe I should grow them so the artist can have more room to shape/do something? Should I go with my usual shorter nails to the salon? I never really have long nails, since I work as a translator and they bother me when typing.
Can you believe I have spent HOURS wondering about the optimal nail length to have when I go to have my mani?
And what about the toenails? Let them cut them, or cut them myself then go?

PS: This is me totally avoiding getting back to my seating charts.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards