Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Allure knock off

I went to a bridal shop today, the kind that doesn't typically tell you the designer of the dress. I tried on a gorgeous dress--fit 'n flare/lace/beading all over/ sweetheart with sheer halter sleeves--and the consultant told me it was made by Allure. Conveniently, they were going to give me 10% off--a SECRET deal they weren't supposed to give out for that designer but it was going through the end of the month.

I left the shop empty handed, becuase the price was still high and I knew that I would want some alterations on the dress--like removing the sheer halter straps.

I come home and look on Allure's site and don't find it. I'm pretty sure she was not being entirely honest with me. I found a variation--maybe something like 8917 but it was not exactly it. It also looks like Maggie Soter/Madgley Suzette.

Anyone have any idea who does Allure knock offs so that I could try to locate this dress?

Re: Allure knock off

• Try attire and accessories maybe?

We're the makeup experts 'round here
  • Are you sure you want to order a knock off dress?  It sounds like it needs some stiff alterations to be the dream dress and I'd worry that buying a knock off would mean the dressmaker wasn't a reputible company and you could end up with a dress that isn't what you expect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_allure-knock-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:6447e339-d785-4edf-a501-f5c3c753b4afPost:7d037589-8597-456c-b910-b05fb8383389">Re: Allure knock off</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you sure you want to order a knock off dress?  It sounds like it needs some stiff alterations to be the dream dress and I'd worry that buying a knock off would mean the dressmaker wasn't a reputable company and you could end up with a dress that isn't what you expect.
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]

I would try posting this on a different board. I also would not buy a knock off dress. Is this bridal shop you want to a reputable place? It doesn't sound like it... Any reputable place would never ever sell you a knock off dress. Do you know the style number of the dress you tried on? That should help you locate it on Allure's website.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards