Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair Appointment Time? (sorry it's long)

We are getting married on a Friday evening, 7pm. Our photographer wants to start the official photo's at 4:30pm and be done by 615pm; we are doing all photos before the ceremony. (He will be with us all day taking candid's.)
So here's the situation: me, my MOH and BM are getting our hair done at a salon about 15 minutes from the church. I am also getting my makeup done there. After that, we will need to go to the church and get 6 girls ready (2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 14-my neices and daughters) who are all in the WP and also get ourselves dressed. The salon says 2pm, done between 3 and 330, to church around 315 to 345...to me, NOT enough time to get the little girls ready...or even to get myself ready and not feel rushed! But the salon is worried about the hair not lasting long enough if we do it earlier. We will have 2 other people to help us with the little girls, but I don't want to rush! I have not decided on a style yet, except that I want it half up half down, but the others want up-do's.
I just went to FI's cousin's wedding and their wedding was at 2pm and their hair appts were at 9am and all the hair lasted just fine.
What time do you think would be too early to have our hair done, for a 7pm wedding?  Is noon a good time? TIA!
"It is never to late to become what you might have been..."

Re: Hair Appointment Time? (sorry it's long)

• well, I'm getting my hair done at 9 am for a 5 pm wedding, so you can definitely do your hair earlier. so for a 7 pm wedding, I'd get my hair done at 11 am. don't let the salon dictate your schedule... there are things they can do to help your style last.

for instance, this is my sister's case. she had a 5:30 wedding and a 10 am appointment. she wanted her hair to be completely down with lots of big barrel curls (think Shirley Temple). her hair is typically the type to lose its style within an hour or two, especially when it is humid out. so what the salon did, was they curled her hair, then put bobby pins in it to pin the curls to her head. the stylist showed me (as the MOH) how to remove the bobby pins later when it was time to get started. this helped her curls to last all night, because they never had a chance to fall.

btw all them little girls? I am personally of the belief that is their mothers' jobs to make sure they are ready on time, not the bride's . so unless any of them are yours, I don't think that YOU personally should worry about it. if any of your BMs are one of the mothers, then they should allow time to get their kid ready. but that may just be me. I just remember when I was little and in weddings as a flower girl, it was my mom's job to dress me, not the bride's.

so the stylist can go ahead and pin up the top half of your hair and curl the bottom half. she can pin the curls to your head, and show someone how to let your hair back down without ruining the style.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards