Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Sun marks in my face!!! what can I do?

I have gotten a lot of sun spots and big decoloration patches in my face in the last year, they are very noticeable, they make me look old and tired and the worse part is that I can still notice them when I have make up on. I am seriously mortified about this and my wedding is 5 months away.

Is there anything that I can do to get rid of them? I have been using a bleaching cream for the last year or so and it hasn't helped any. what treatments can lighten or get rid of the marks? I used the Obagi system at one time and it was really good, I used it for acne...not sure if it will be helpful for sun spots and decolorations? wish I knew before investing on it again as is it not a cheap treatment. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

Re: Sun marks in my face!!! what can I do?

• IPL...Intensive Pulse Light Laser Therapy.
    What you are describing sounds similar to what I had...patches of freckles, discoloration, sun spots.  I'm not talking about "cute" freckles on the nose of a 20-something, but sun damage patches that develop as you get older.

It was about $1,500 for a series of treatments that less than 6 months, but it got rid of ALL of my freckles, patches & sun damage. My skin looks great! I don't even have to wear foundation anymore.

It is a bit painful. It feels like rubberbands snapping you. It's up to you whether you can tolerate that or not.

Here's a link I found that I thought described the process pretty well:
    http://www.skincareresourcecenter.com/ipl-therapy.html

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info or details. Good luck!
  • The trick to those skin bleaching creams (prescription or over the counter) is that you MUST COMPLETELY STAY OUT OF THE SUN. As in no sun at all. They take about 3 mons to see a difference, and 6 mons to work completely. You must also use them religiously every day. Of course the prescription ones are a bit better and often contain other antiaging ingredients that may help the process go slightly faster. Good luck! 
  • The trick to those skin bleaching creams (prescription or over the counter) is that you MUST COMPLETELY STAY OUT OF THE SUN. As in no sun at all. They take about 3 mons to see a difference, and 6 mons to work completely. You must also use them religiously every day. Of course the prescription ones are a bit better and often contain other antiaging ingredients that may help the process go slightly faster. Good luck! 
  • You could try Neotrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. I would assume it would work for sun spots/dark spots. A few years ago, I had the habit of picking the tiniest little zit/whitehead/whatever and it left scars. I used that for a while and they disappeared. The trick is to use it like the directions say to see results, and it can be drying, so make sure you have a good moisturizer.
  • Are you on Birthcontrol?  If you are, it may be causing your discoloration.  The extra hormones combined with sun exposure may bring out what's called a pregnancy mask.  Be careful with the  bleaching creams, they may cause future damage. 

I had the pregnancy mask on my face when i was taking YAZ.  I went off of the birthcontrol and the brown spots went away.  I hope this helps.  If all else fails, go to a dermatologist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards