Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

engagement photo beauty tips?

Our engagement photo shoot is tomorrow. Any  do's and don'ts that anyone would like to share? The only personal "rule" I have establish for myself regarding photos is wearing solid colors and no prints. Not sure why...it's just always been a personal preference. But any tips y'all might have concerning make-up, clothing, poses, locations, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: engagement photo beauty tips?

• Don't do your hair/make-up differently than you normally do. You want to look like yourself in the pictures!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I totally agree. I had thought about curling my hair, but decided against it. I wear it straight every day. Not pin straight though. yucky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Listen to your photographer.  Wear comfortable clothing and shoes because you'll get into weird positions (some girls bring flip flops to wear in between).  Mainly just relax and keep your eyes on your FI and just do what comes naturally--those moments always make the best pictures.
  • FI and I made the mistake of both wearing light colored tops, and afterwards our Photog told us that it would have been better if one of us wore a dark top. Gee thanks for telling us after the fact lol! So I'd recommend that for clothing. But I definitely agree with looking like yourselves and picking a location that will give you lots of options for backdrops and poses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • the no prints thing is good.

make sure you and your FI coordinate, not exactly colors (unless you want) but in style and taste level.

• Wear your makeup (if you do wear makeup) a little heavier than normal. Makeup does not always show up well in photos.  I also think it's nice to have a few outfits and to coordinate clothing colors/styles with you fiance!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_engagement-photo-beauty-tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:7172a175-52f5-4727-b81a-877db38a1360Post:3f4c1d6e-2ac7-4b9b-9893-3881a51cc854">Re: engagement photo beauty tips?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wear your makeup (if you do wear makeup) a little heavier than normal. Makeup does not always show up well in photos.  I also think it's nice to have a few outfits and to coordinate clothing colors/styles with you fiance!
    Posted by kyleloveslinds[/QUOTE]

Ditto the makeup tip. It might seem a little heavy to you when you look in the mirror but will look right on camera.
  • Thanks everyone. We got back from pics about an hour ago. I think they went great. Thanks again for all the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FYI My photog said to wear same or similar color undergarments b/c those cameras tend to pull out those colors more than normal!  Dont want an embarassing photo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards