Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Today's Economy... Doesn't Mean ANYTHING!!

So I'm a little frustrated right now. I'm looking for hair services for my wedding, and my 4 bridesmaids, 3 juniors, 1 flower girl and 2 mothers. All I'm coming up with is over $175 for my HAIR ONLY and all sorts of extra charges for everything from travel, to needing an assistant, the list goes on. Does anyone know of a decent NORMAL priced hair stylist, that is not into screwing you just because your a bride? I would like to pay $125 for my HAIR and $75 for my girls ($50 for the flower girl). Our wedding is on October 23, 2010 in Camarillo, the hotel is in Oxnard. Please get back to me, because I know you other brides are in the same situation as I am, where money is tight and just because the event has "wedding" attached to it, everything should not cost 5x the normal price.

Re: Today's Economy... Doesn't Mean ANYTHING!!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2010

Try posting this on the LA board--the link is on your left "Local Wedding Boards."  Hopefully they will have recommendations for someone in your budget.

• You will get more responses on the local LA board, but I live in LA and I'm using Leah Gonzalez (formerly Garcia) of Long Lasting Impression.

She charges $100 for bridal hair, $100 bridal makeup. Then each bridesmaid is $50 for each service (hair or makeup). I think this is very reasonable. She is traveling from Chino to Pasadena (where our wedding is) for a $40 fee.

The trial was $50 for hair, $50 makeup.

I loved my hair and makeup that she did at the trial, and can't wait to use her for the wedding. She was referred to me by my DOC.

Her website is at www.longlastingimpression.com
  • I'm just going to the JCPenny salon and it's $50 for my hair (not sure about the bridemaids). I could never imagine spending much more than that for hair.
  • kmjarvey, unfortunately in LA, that price is impossible! Even for non-wedding hair. Everything is so expensive here. I'm from North Carolina originally, and after moving to LA had a lot of sticker shock with everything!
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    You could try a local beauty school. Just request a girl who will be near the end of her training. I've gotten my highlights at a beauty school and loved both the outcome and the price.
    Photobucket
  • jeb113jeb113 member
    First Comment
    Don't schedule the appointments as a wedding party.  Schedule them individually.  The salon that we are going to charges $25 more when we said it was a bridal party.  I don't know if everywhere does that but it's worth a try.
  • DId you try calling some salons in the Camarillo area? Maybe you would save money since they won't be traveling from Los Angeles? Also, is it possible to come into the salon instead of them coming to you? It should be much cheaper that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards