Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

WWYD re: odd schedule and wedding tan

Hi ladies - sorry I'm going to P&R, I'm starting a new job today and likely won't be online again until tonight.

I found out yesterday that with my new position, I will be in Napa from June 1-June 9th, and rather than flying back to Chicago (where we live), my company is going to fly me directly to Minneapolis (where we're getting married) on the day before my wedding (wedding is June 11).

I usually do an airbrush tan here in Chicago, but obviously can't do that now. I could technically airbrush tan on Friday in Minneapolis if I could find a place, but I'm worried about it rubbing off on my dress given that it doesn't have 2-3 days to set and shower off like normal.

WWYD? I'm thinking about looking into something self-tanner-y, like those tan towelettes or something like that. I will have no time in Napa to do anything there as far as beds, airbrush, etc. Thoughts?
New Name, Old Nestie Blog: Career Girl Network

Re: WWYD re: odd schedule and wedding tan

• Options

I have heard jergens natural glow works, but you should start now if you want to try it.  I have seen results and I thought my friend was actually tanning.  She looked great. BUT it is something new...

Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    I am really hesitant to tell you to try anything new since you don't know how it will go onto your skin at a new place. Is tanning absolutely necessary? Can you get spray tanned before you go to Minneapolis since it is only about 1 week before th wedding? If you do something self-tannish I would try it now and see how it goes onto your skin so you can be prepared. You don't want a disaster 2 days before your wedding. Good luck!
  • Options
    There are a lot of awesome spray tan places in Minneapolis. I know its nerve racking because you haven't done it before but if you could call around and find someone who uses the same equipment and colors so you're getting the same thing you're used to.
  • Options
    I'd either get the airbrush before you leave on business or try a self tanner. And try it now to make sure. I'd recommend the Nivea Sun Kissed Radiant Skin lotion. It's a gradual tanner so you can really control the color. And I never get streaks. Plus I also have good success with Nivea products. I have sensitive skin.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards