Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Help: wedding in 6 days and am breaking out

My chin broke out with cystic acne this week and my wedding is in 6 days! I use a prescription face wash and a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment, but is there anything else I can be/should be doing to help them go away?? I am careful about not touching my face but that's obviously not helping enough. I am sooo frustrated! Thank you!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Help: wedding in 6 days and am breaking out

• Options
    Go to your doctor. Sometimes I have to be put on an oral antibiotic for my cystic acne.
  • Options
    If it's truly cystic or nodular acne, the only way to make it go away in 6 days is to get cortisone injections or have them drained at the doctor's office.  But those things can help very quickly.  If you've got it in budget and can get in, it is an option!  Good luck, I know how much the cystic/nodular acne sucks.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I had a hideous cystic acne flare up RIGHT BY MY EAR for my wedding. (Of course it was on my neck- it never occured to me to put all my medication stuff there because I'd never had one anywhere but my face)

Using green Pur Minerals primer, smashbox concealer and the mac concealer brush I was able to completely conceal it.  I'd go to the derm as J suggested and then buy really nice concealer products to hide any remnant.
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I posted in this thread last week: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_nwr-sorta-zits-ugh

Here's a copy and paste:
    I posted something similar about 2 weeks ago - I had a big pimple on my chin (a cystic one that usually takes FOREVER to go away).
    Some friends gave me this advice.  Buy uncoated aspirin and crush up about 2 tablets (I used the back of a spoon to crush them).  Add a few drops of water and mix well so that it turns into a paste.  Apply the paste to your pimples and let dry (should take about 10 minutes).  Rinse with warm water.

I did this every day for almost a week.  The pimple completely disappeared.  Like I said, mine was a deep, painful cystic pimple.  If you have a regular pimple, it might go away faster.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards