Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Chemical peel 16 days before my wedding....is that safe to do????

so i use to be a roofer and got sun damage to my face..no when i tan i look like a leopard. it gets covered decently by make up but is still noticeble when i get an ounce of sun. would a chemical peel help that and if so is it safe to do 16 days out from the BIG day!!?!?!? help!!!

Re: Chemical peel 16 days before my wedding....is that safe to do????

• Options

As an esthetician, I would definitely tell you not to get a chemical peel that close to your wedding, especially if you've never had one. You'll go through a few days where your face is red and can look very sunburnt and then you'll have a few days where your face begins to flake in certain areas. The recovery time varies depending on how deep the peel is and can take 5-7 days, but I wouldn't do anything that drastic so close to your big day.
    Microdermabrasion would be a better fit for sun damage and the recovery time is not as long. I would look into that if you're set on doing something but talk to the person performing the procedure and be sure you tell them that you're wedding is in 16 days and get their opinion. Everything varies when it comes to your skin and a treatment like that because of the strength of the treatment and your skin type. The medical esthtician or dermatologist performing the procedure will be able to answer your questions more thoroughly upon examining your skin type and what you will need.
    HTH. Good Luck!

• Options
    The first time I ever got one, I peeled severely in one certain spot for over a month.  I got one 2 months before my wedding and I was fine the next day.  However, like the PP, I don't advise it with just 2 weeks until the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards