Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Which comes first...

Which do you decide first  and how do you decide which style to choose...

Hairstyle?  Veil?  Headpiece?

Thanks!

Re: Which comes first...

• I think first decide whether you want your hair up, down, or halfway. Then you can pick a hairpiece/veil that goes with it, and then look into specific hairstlyes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_which-comes-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:83e8c0bd-9e2f-42b5-92b8-5a47674df535Post:c00e5ca3-209e-495c-9ee7-ebd641cd6915">Re: Which comes first...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think first decide whether you want your hair up, down, or halfway. Then you can pick a hairpiece/veil that goes with it, and then look into specific hairstlyes.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this. I knew I would have my hair pulled back at least halfway. So I chose a veil that went with it (my mom really wants me to wear a veil). Then I decided on a specific hairstyle. You can also take your hairpiece to your hairstylist to have them work with it, but mine is DIY so I had to experiment.</div>
  • I agree.  Your hairstyle will dictate your headpiece or veil.

I told the lady at my bridal salon that I thought I wanted a half-up with a veil so she showed me how I would wear it and suggested I buy a pretty comb to put over the comb on my veil so that is what I did.

I also toyed with the idea of a side pony--but if I had gone that route I would not have worn a traditional veil, but most likely a birdcage or maybe even just a flower (like in my siggy).
  • yes I agree decide if you want your hair up or down then go from there. that is what I did
    Mr. & Mrs. Griffin
  • I went the opposite way - I really wanted a veil and Jewish tradition mandates one that covers your face. But I hate hate hate veils with poofy gathers, so I need a drop veil. I'll take it with me to my hair preview and we'll figure out the hairstyle from there. I have really long thick hair that's too heavy for a full updo, so that limits it somewhat, but I'm going veil first and then style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards