Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Curly Hair and Veils

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone with big curly, hair had any tips on how to wear there hair on the big day.  Are you going with a veil or without a veil?  I am worried that if I wear a veil it will cover up my big curls. 

Thanks everyone!

Re: Curly Hair and Veils

• Options
    I have big, curly/wavy hair and I'm planning to wear mine down for the wedding. My hair can be kind of versatile though, so I'm going to straighten it and then probably put rollers in it for controlled curls. I will have a blusher and cathedral veil. The plan now is to have part of it up to secure the veil.

If you want to make sure folks see your hair, you can just plan to wear the veil for the ceremony and take it off for the reception. I haven't found a stylist yet to do it though so if you or anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
  • Options
    I don't really care if my curls are hidden...I love them but I'm wearing them down and they'll be visible under the veil. I'm not ditching the veil. How often do you get to wear one? :) I have pictures up on my blog from www.ashandbrandon.com because I LOVE how her hair looks. Mine isn't that long, but I want to wear it in a similar style for the big day, and with an elbow-length veil. I think it looks gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    veils look so dumb on me with my big curly sholder legnth hair down. I want to go natural on my wedding and look like myself, so I will not be straightening my hair (since I don't do that often anyways). 

I have to find an alternative to a veil for the ceremony, I wanted one but just like dresses, not everything will look good on you just because the picture looks good. I have to get what works for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards