Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Best Makeup!

Hey Knotties,

What do you all use for makeup on your big day?? I'm looking for a full coverage, natural looking foundation that will stay put through the day/night's festivities and won't put a hole in my pocket.Cool

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Re: Best Makeup!

• Options
    Day to day I absolutely love HD Makeup Forever. You might go to a consultation at Sephora or Mac to get a feel for what works for you.
  • Options
    My MUA used Smashbox.  It stayed put all day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Check out the DIY makeup sticky--lots of good suggestions there. 
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I use L'ancome Teint Idole.  It's fabulous, full coverage matte makeup that looks flawless and stays put.

It's not cheap though. 
  • Options
    I LOVE the MAC studio fix.  When ever I wear it I always get complimented on my skin and how well I look. 

It cost's about $30 that's why I can't wear it everyday. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_best-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:8f150dca-a35a-4170-a6d8-ee4caf4b59edPost:64113f14-2fff-481e-af6e-83e2ba4ac516">Re: Best Makeup!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Day to day I absolutely love HD Makeup Forever. You might go to a consultation at Sephora or Mac to get a feel for what works for you.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Quick question about HD Makeup Forever - Does it work for oily skin? 

I've only read good things about the makeup but never talked to anyone whose used it. 
    Photobucket
  • Options

Ash,  I have oily/sensitive skin (sounds weird, and it is weird) and I do like MUFE.  I don't use it daily because the coverage is a little too heavy for my liking, but it works on my skin, if that helps.  It works really well with the microfinish HD powder.

:)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I love MAC studio tech for special occasions it will with stand duration and stays put under stage lights. Another thing to consider is getting a makeup primer. I use both an eye primer and a primer to put on under my foundation and it gives the foundation longevity. My makeup tends stay on much longer with the primer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MUFE HD is awesome. I'm a MUA and it is actually what I use in my kit on almost all my jobs, and most brides. It is great for all skin types and photographs beautifully...it is pricey so even I don't use it on a daily basis but whenever I'm working or having pictures done I will use it as well. With foundation the application is often just as important as the foundation itself. Definitely always moisturize and use a primer before and I recommend applying it (being a liquid) with a stippling brush. Super simple tool and Sephora makes an AWESOME one. Use a good concealer (a shade or two lighter than your skin color) under the eyes and on any trouble spots and then make sure to set it all with a good powder. The MUFE HD powder is good but it can be iffy in flash photography (which can be a concern for certain foundations as well). I really like both the Cover FX cream foundation as a concealer because it's such high coverage and their powder.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    try the new Clinique Stay Matte foundation. Beautiful coverage build able and its really does stay on. it feels so light weight on too
  • Options
    I read an insanely helpful article on wedding day makeup on the Vera Wang on Weddings app.  It helped me out a lot!!
  • Options
    I also agree on Make Up For Ever HD foundation.  I also recommend Illamasqua's skin base foundation and MAC's scuplt foundation.  They both are full coverage and look like real skin. 
  • Options
    I tried MUFE's HD foundation, but it didn't work well for me.  I'm not sure why because I've heardly mostly wonderful things about it.  I use MAC's pro longwear concealer and foundation and I love them.  I get compliments all the time, and it stays put until I take it off.  I do use a setting spray as well though.  It's also cheaper than MUFE.  Either way, you can always ask for samples to take home and try. 

The application technique is almost as important as the product, so I would suggest get a stippling brush or beauty blender. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards