Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Destination wedding beauty?

My fiance and I recently decided on going on a destination wedding. We're going to Sandals resort in Jamaica. I previously got a wedding dress which is WAY too fancy for a destination wedding.

Ideas on wedding dress styles???

Also, I was curious on how to do my hair/make up because we will be there instead of here where my normal stylist is

Ideas?

Re: Destination wedding beauty?

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of destination/beach wedding dresses lean towards the light and flowy side. Or you can even do a shorter dress. It's really up to you what kind of look you want, so don't be afraid to go less traditional.

As for the makeup/hair, those resorts have weddings all the time and probably have a stylist on site. Check with their wedding planner and see what services they have available for you to use.

Good luck with your planning!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Check out JCrew or the Mori Lee Voyager collection! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Like Raes said- beach weddings tend to have more flowly, light dresses. But really I think it is up to the bride and their style. That is one of the fun things about DWs. 

Check out the vendors where you are having your DW for your H/MU. You might find a pretty decent H/MUA online with a good portfolio. 

Check out the DW board- someone on there might have had/is having their wedding in the place you have chosen. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  I think with Sandals wedding packages you can include hair/makeup.  And check out Anthropologie for some wedding dress styles.  Beach wedding dress are more flowy, but you can wear whatever you want.  Remember, Pamela Anderson got married on the beach in a white bikini.
  • Options
    As for the dress, I would definitely go with either no train or a sweep train.  There are designers that specifically have destination lines.  Check out these dresses (clicky).

As for makeup, if you are really particular, you might want to consider DIY.  If you don't want to DIY, make sure you have very clear pictures of what you want done.  Find photos of people who have similar skin tones as yours with the makeup that you like and show the photos to the MUA.  I don't know your schedule, but definitely have a trial to make sure you are comfortable with what the MUA is doing.  

As for hair, make sure to find pictures with similar texture to yours.   Once again, you can DIY if you want to.  A destination wedding is perfect for loose hair with a simple comb or fascinator in it.  
  • Options
    Light fabric & flowy is also my recommendation. 
    Strapless or halter or delicate straps is also very summery or beachy feel. 
    Have a look at the destination weddings magazine to look for some idea.s

Sandals is amazing place to have your wedding! | Superior service! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards